Picture Day......

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I've had this '94 GV-70 for better than 3 months now, and I absolutely love this guitar. It's the nicest guitar I've ever owned.

It was a little difficult for me to play at first, but a little tightening of the truss rod to straighten the neck made a world of difference. The truss rod cover had never been off. The action now is at 5/64" at fret 12.

I won't go into details right now, but all said and done, I ended up with a far better guitar for the price than I ever expected.

Here's a few snap shots to enjoy:

792947f8-7615-49b4-a5e8-29c13c6a2608_zpspv4shjtr.jpg

Not Brazilian, but damn nice anyway.

acc5086a-8435-475c-9776-fc4ddfd75c4a_zpsbg8psguj.jpg

43613247-2eeb-43da-a128-73887ef620a3_zpswvhwaxtl.jpg

7064eff4-b34c-4b8c-93de-86d429d55a77_zpsvlzecw3m.jpg

I'm kind of blown away by how much my playing has improved since I've had this little gem.

Max5

Reaction score
Really nice looking rosewood on that GV-70. Beautiful inlays too. I guess that model is rare, never saw that one. Where did you come across it?

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I can understand your feelings about this guitar, Terry. It is, quite simply, stunning! And if it sounds as good as it looks, you definitely have a winner.

Play it in good health, :smile-new:
Joe

Christopher Cozad

Platinum Supporting
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Here's a few snap shots to enjoy:
A good looking guitar, Terry, to be sure!

...I'm kind of blown away by how much my playing has improved since I've had this little gem.
There is such a powerful truth behind that discovery.

An instrument that looks great, feels great, sounds great, is great, etc. will have a profoundly more positive impact on my playing over one that looks okay, feels okay, sounds okay, is okay, etc. A guitar that is a delight to play inspires me to play it more. This is why I believe in doing all I can do with the guitar I have to make it the best guitar it can be. If, after all that effort, it is found to be merely "okay" I determine to go get another one.

New strings or a different gauge of strings can do wonders, as can experimenting with new chords or musical pieces or tunings. A good cleaning or a finish touch-up or even a refinishing may be just what it/I needed. Whether it's a simple setup (neck adjustment, action adjustment) or a complete overhaul (neck reset, new nut and saddle, planing and/or radiusing the fingerboard, new frets, etc.), altering that guitar to become all it can be will change me, as well.

(Here's hoping we have have enabled a few more guitar acquisitions. :smile-new: )

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
An instrument that looks great, feels great, sounds great, is great, etc. will have a profoundly more positive impact on my playing over one that looks okay, feels okay, sounds okay, is okay, etc. A guitar that is a delight to play inspires me to play it more. This is why I believe in doing all I can do with the guitar I have to make it the best guitar it can be. If, after all that effort, it is found to be merely "okay" I determine to go get another one.

New strings or a different gauge of strings can do wonders, as can experimenting with new chords or musical pieces or tunings. A good cleaning or a finish touch-up or even a refinishing may be just what it/I needed. Whether it's a simple setup (neck adjustment, action adjustment) or a complete overhaul (neck reset, new nut and saddle, planing and/or radiusing the fingerboard, new frets, etc.)

And don't forget the single most significant item Christophe!:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful, Richard!

Well said, Christopher. I change my strings often, and even grabbing a new pick makes me happy!

walrus

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's a few snap shots to enjoy...

Very enjoyable! Great photos! That headstock photo is fantastic, light glinting off the gold, with those colors in your "G" badge.... And that is some gorgeous light rosewood.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Very enjoyable! Great photos! That headstock photo is fantastic, light glinting off the gold, with those colors in your "G" badge.... And that is some gorgeous light rosewood.

Thank you very much, Cougar.
My intent with the headstock shot was to hopefully convey a feeling that it's a piece of jewelry.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
There is such a powerful truth behind that discovery.

An instrument that looks great, feels great, sounds great, is great, etc. will have a profoundly more positive impact on my playing

, altering that guitar to become all it can be will change me, as well.

(Here's hoping we have have enabled a few more guitar acquisitions. :smile-new: )

Thank you, Christopher, and I think most of us can agree, that is part of the magic that comes with playing the guitar. :encouragement:

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Really nice looking rosewood on that GV-70. Beautiful inlays too. I guess that model is rare, never saw that one. Where did you come across it?

Thanks Max5. I had not been aware of the GV-70 model before until, purely by chance, I noticed this while browsing on my computer, at a Guitar Center here in MN. Did some quick research and without hesitation, gave them a call, asked about their return policy, and just said "Ship It!".

CA-35

Reaction score
Just a beautiful guitar!! I love the simplicity of the black pick guard....and how it seems to flow with the shape of the upper and lower bouts. Play that Guild with pride young man.........

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Just a beautiful guitar!! I love the simplicity of the black pick guard....and how it seems to flow with the shape of the upper and lower bouts. Play that Guild with pride young man.........

I haven't been called a young man for a long, long time. Thank you, Sir!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Terry, you have one of my all-time favorite Guilds! It's got everything! That rosewood is stunning and the bling is just perfect. I'm not surprised your playing has improved. I think buying nicer guitars has made me work a little harder to be worthy..... congrats again on a DROOL WORTHY guitar!! :encouragement: