What a Super Bowl!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Probably the best Super Bowl I have ever seen from a Standpoint of the Game. No one can say that Brady and the Pats didn't earn that one! Halftime show was surprisingly good as well, Great Super Bowl 51 for all the fans and definitely another Great Moment for the City of Houston! Congrats to the Pats!

TX

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Helluva comeback. I told Cindy not to count out Tom Brady.
Lots of what-ifs but that's the way the ball bounces! :smile-new:

Wonder if Home Depot will be draped in black tomorrow....

Joe

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning and changing strings on three guitars while I watched, but I turned it off for Gaga. Don't care for the halftime super-hyped concerts....never did.
Plus, I needed quiet to tune the three Guilds....and now I have three "new" guitars. :smile-new:

Joe

Reaction score
I agree...best super bowl in a LONG time! And the first one to go into overtime. And I'm not a true fan of either team (born in Oakland...go Raiders...and lived a long time in SF...49er Fever!), but I have mad respect for Brady...man, he took a beating and still came from behind to win it! Hated to see anyone beat Joe Montana's 4 Super Bowl record...but it was hard-fought and well-deserved! What an exciting game! And, not being a Gaga fan, I wasn't expecting much...but she kicked butt too!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was kicked back in my chair relaxing and playing my F50R through out the entire game. Nice way to enjoy the last NFL Football game of the season or any game for that manner. I haven't really been a fan of GaGa but I will have to say, She blew me away last year with her National Anthem at the Super Bowl, after that she blew me away with her tribute to David Bowie after his death when she took on the many faces of Bowie live in one medley performance, Then tonight she was great as well. As far as an artist she has my total respect.

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not a sports fan at all, but that was a hell of a game.

Lady Gaga is a tremendously talented performer. She rocked that house.

I also dug the drones.

gibsonjunkie

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm usually a Patriots fan, but Dwight Freeney is from my home town (I was the family plumber way back in the past) so I was rooting for him. Great game and Brady was amazing. I usually hate the halftime show - but I thought GaGa did OK. It took guts to do the aerial stuff she did!!!!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yahoo! What game, what an ending! Let's not forget the defense pushing Atlanta backwards out of field goal range late in the fourth quarter - and Edelman's miracle catch!

A team of destiny this year if there ever was one.

I think this helps the buffoon Goodell - "See, the suspension didn't matter...".

And I'm wondering if the Falcons owner came down to the field a little too soon - very very awkward watching him and his wife standing there while his team let the game get away.

walrus

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was really something. After halftime I was ready to tip my hat to Atlanta's defense. They were making the Patriots look silly.

Then came Tom Brady, back in the groove. My goodness!

There used to be an expression... "Good in a storm." That's the definition of Tom Brady. And, really, there were some just amazing athletic feats throughout the whole game on both sides. I just wanted a good game, and got to watch the best game I've ever seen.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I of course, being a true Boston fan since 1967, gave up on my team several times during the contest. Spent many minutes outside cooling off, pathetically sulking, inconsolable...My father and 11 year old daughter, never gave up. Rae told me constantly the Pats were going to come back. She was immovable. Even at 28-9...I learned a lot about being a real fan last night from her, and plan on making some halftime adjustments of my own.

Btw, I called one of my brothers up as he had gone to bed in 3rd quarter. He was beside himself that he missed that comeback.

I called my aunt and uncle, my uncle was in tears of joy. He was the one who told me to turn that TV back on...My mom there too, all smiles.

Humble is good.

Last edited:

NEONMOONY

Reaction score
Despite the phenominal comeback, it was a game of two halves, each being a blowout. I felt like Pats-Seahawks and 49ers Ravens were better games because of the closeness during the whole game. This was, though, was special in its own way

griehund

Reaction score
I wonder if Roger finally understands the ideal gas law. I'm sure he must have felt deflated after Pats Nation gave him an earful. Just sayin.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Most as a qb but tied with Charles Haley for most rings as a player.

Also most as a player with one team. Haley switched back and forth between the Cowboys and 49'ers for his 5 rings, Brady has been with the same team for all 5. I think that is what makes it so special and why so many people are blown away by it.

TX

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Also most as a player with one team. Haley switched back and forth between the Cowboys and 49'ers for his 5 rings, Brady has been with the same team for all 5. I think that is what makes it so special and why so many people are blown away by it.

TX

and he did it all in era of free agency the like Haley never had to deal with. salary cap era, no one sticks w same team, really hard to have same lineup year to year even. that is most impressive to me. now the belichick scheme has a lot to do with Brady's success, but like Belly said himself, and he is not one to compliment any player re anything: "He is the best situational player I have ever seen". Like depending on scheme and situation, there is nobody like him.

Belly often frequently rides Brady when he misses throws in practice: "Tom, I can get Johnny Foxboro down the street at local high school to make that f****n throw".

Finally, the fact that Brady is still willing to be coached and be humble towards his coaches is also a reason for his success. Lots of teams, most, will never make fun of or ride their stars...