My Newark St. Series SF-IV Is The Best

DrumBob

Reaction score
I used my NS SF-IV tonight for the entire gig and it has proven itself to be the best guitar I own. I never even touched the Les Paul I brought as a backup. The guitar does everything well, it sounds great, plays like butter and stays in tune with just a few minor tweaks all night. And it feeds back at just the right times with some overdrive. Amazing.

Now, I want another one!

martin82

Reaction score
Won't get an argument from me, Bob. I love mine - the pickups, how the neck fits my hand, the tuning stability, and how it looks.

DrumBob

Reaction score
Don, we need to get together again for lunch. Keep in touch.

Yes, the Starfire is an amazing player. Easily the best gigging guitar I have. I want another one.

Reaction score
I can't say enough about my Newark St. Starfire IV. I always admired Guild back in the 70's & 80's but never had an opportunity to play a Starfire IV. After reading the great reviews from Sweetwater, MF, etc I had to have one. Mine is a hard tail with the Cherry finish. All I can say is this guitar is great & hangs in there with many other guitars of mine that are considered "high end".

The finish is nice, the fretwork is outstanding, hardware is good, tuners stay in tune really well & the pickups are really unique. I like the fact that the pups are lower output and a little on the crispy side which is great for a nice bluesy rock tone. And the feedback & sustain is really inspiring. I recorded an instrumental with my drummer that featured some nice feedback. The feedback was controllable, but really came from a place I never heard before in a hollow body. The NS Starfire IV is truly a nice guitar & a bargain at that.

DrumBob

Reaction score
Right on all counts. I have the same guitar and everything you said is true. This is the best guitar I own.