Reaction score
Gah! That finish is beautiful! Very nice! :applause:

walrus

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I do love a nice Nightbird, that that right there is a nice Nightbird!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That is a Beautiful Color on that one! Personally I would leave the Truss Rod cover on upside down to ensure that the OCD Truss Rod Cover police here on the forum continue to take their Meds. Think of it as doing the LTG community a great service!:rolleyes:

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is a Beautiful Color on that one! Personally I would leave the Truss Rod cover on upside down to ensure that the OCD Truss Rod Cover police here on the forum continue to take their Meds. Think of it as doing the LTG community a great service!:rolleyes:

But... but... but...

It only bugs me when the words are upside down, though I am overdue for my meds...

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
beautiful burst on what looks like a rather creammy spruce top. i like that there is no coil tap switch (because, I tend to hit those unintentionally while playing and cut the signal in half).

thank you for sharing!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
But... but... but...

It only bugs me when the words are upside down, though I am overdue for my meds...

Here is something to think about GAD. Normally most people I meet that play guitar really don't care what other people who are watching them play think about how their guitar looks or sounds or whether or not they like the shape or color of it. The reason behind this is that The player loves the guitar for themselves and it is ultimately up to the player and what they think sounds good or looks good, or feels good. With the truss rod cover the way it is now, The player can tilt the guitar back towards themselves while playing and the writing on the truss rod cover is now correct an readable from the Player's perspective. Being that the player is the only one whose opinion really matters, If it is right side up when they tilt the guitar to look at it as they are playing, I ask you Is the Truss Rod Cover Really mounted Upside Down?:confused: LOL!

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very nice !

( I hope you took out the trash , after the photo shoot. )

That's not trash, That is a bag full of Guitar Strings and miscellaneous next to a rubber maid bin of Guitar cables and such. It is the preferred way gigging musicians stay organized. LOL!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here is something to think about GAD. Normally most people I meet that play guitar really don't care what other people who are watching them play think about how their guitar looks or sounds or whether or not they like the shape or color of it. The reason behind this is that The player loves the guitar for themselves and it is ultimately up to the player and what they think sounds good or looks good, or feels good. With the truss rod cover the way it is now, The player can tilt the guitar back towards themselves while playing and the writing on the truss rod cover is now correct an readable from the Player's perspective. Being that the player is the only one whose opinion really matters, If it is right side up when they tilt the guitar to look at it as they are playing, I ask you Is the Truss Rod Cover Really mounted Upside Down?:confused: LOL!

TX

1618efeac48e6e28f89ed7c350c3bd67.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That is a bag full of Guitar Strings and miscellaneous next to a rubber maid bin of Guitar cables and such.

I stand corrected on the bag on the door handle. The jury is still out on the rubber maid bin ( trash bin ) debate !

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is the Truss Rod Cover Really mounted Upside Down?:confused: LOL!
TX

As all Guild aficionados know, the TRC shape mimics the headstock shape. Now on the original Guild paddle shaped "Crown" headstock the TRC should have the widest end up to match the headstock. But, on the Gruhn "snakehead model, is it more correct to have the narrow end up and therefore now matching the shape of the headstock?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
As all Guild aficionados know, the TRC shape mimics the headstock shape. Now on the original Guild paddle shaped "Crown" headstock the TRC should have the widest end up to match the headstock. But, on the Gruhn "snakehead model, is it more correct to have the narrow end up and therefore now matching the shape of the headstock?

See what I mean, The more you ponder right and wrong the more the lines become blurred to interpretation. My earlier hypothesis to GAD was from the view point that the universe revolves around the guitar player them self instead of the guitar player revolving around the universe itself. Ultimately what I am trying to say is, What if C-A-T :cat: really spelled DOG? :dog: LOL!

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the bag on the door handle. The jury is still out on the rubber maid bin ( trash bin ) debate !

That is the same kind of Bin that I use for all of my cables, straps, wireless setups, duct tape, electrical tape, Batteries, ect... when I gig. It easily keeps all of my stuff in one container and stacks nicely in the trailer not allowing anything to get squashed. Also is great if you are loading in to the gig in a rainstorm as it keeps everything dry. We also used them to keep the Band merchandise such as stickers, shirts, CD', and photos in. We probably had 10 of those bins for the full band each labeled with different stuff like extension chords, Speaker cables, etc... Every independent band we have ever traveled with or played with uses them as well or ones like it. If you look hard enough you can see a cable and a strap among other things in the one in the picture.

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like TX's weltanschaaung. Sure, the player is the center of the universe. I mean he/she is, after all, the one who purchased the guitar so when he spins the guitar to face himself and sniff the soundhole (oh, wait... ;)) he should be rewarded by being able to read Mr. Gruhn's fancy TRC right-side-up. Well, it's good logic anway, even if it's wrong. :) :)

The universe is a strange, incomprehensible place.