Starfire II 1958?

Reaction score
I inherited a Guild Starfire III guitar and I am trying to determine its value. The serial number is EK6715. Based upon the information I have seen, serial numbers in this range were manufactured in 1958 though I don't believe the Starfire was manufactured until 1961. How can I narrow down the year and value. I also have the original case. It is in excellent shape

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I inherited a Guild Starfire III guitar and I am trying to determine its value. The serial number is EK6715. Based upon the information I have seen, serial numbers in this range were manufactured in 1958 though I don't believe the Starfire was manufactured until 1961. How can I narrow down the year and value. I also have the original case. It is in excellent shape

Hello BW_ATL,

Welcome! Serial # EK6715 would be too high a number for a Starfire that was made during the period they used that particular serial number system.
Take another close look and check if you've made a mistake writing down the serial number.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I would guess you meant to type 6 or 7, but not both...which would make it from 1966.

parker_knoll

Reaction score

Hans is the expert. However, i owned a Starfire III from 1960, which i think is the first year