it cometh: 67 SFB-I beauty queen

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Now, this might just be paranoia on my part, BUT I'm a little nervous... my tracking still says that the delivery is "on time" and scheduled arrival is Monday, but the last time tracking was updated was 4 days ago with a departure scan from Portland, OR. I have had dozens of UPS shipments over the last 10 years or so that I have monitored closely and know that typically the tracking is updated with new scans one or two times per business day. What kind of a black hole has my precious Starfire fallen into?! I've had packages just randomly sit at a shipping center for days without moving and then suddenly I get a delivery date a week later than originally scheduled, but the thing that makes me uneasy about this is that the last scan was a departure... so it left the facility but never checked into another one? Seems fishy. Maybe I just need to relax and stop looking at the tracking... but I can't help but worry

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
If you like MG, I'll go out and scour the city for rogue brown trucks! :eek-new:

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
I've often had a disquieting absence of transit progress scans and then had a flurry of them suddenly show up less than 24 hours before the item actually arrives.

Have also had guitar and bass packages arrive damaged (the packing) but every single instrument contained therein has been intact: 100%.

Maybe I've been extremely lucky, but I'd say the odds are in your favor. It's hard for those of us who have never worked for a major carrier to comprehend the sheer, massive volume of parcels that pass through these systems, most of them safely (or, at least, safely enough to escape damage or destruction). It's the horror stories that get passed around.

One thing life has taught me is that bad things are bad enough when they actually wind up happening. Putting yourself through the wringer about things that HAVEN'T yet happened (and probably won't happen) is a total waste of time and energy. Been there too many times to doubt the truth of that assertion.

Think good thoughts!

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Whew! Arrived in Jacksonville, FL at 8am this morning! Paranoia confirmed. Still scheduled for delivery tomorrow :)

lungimsam

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! Let us know if it arrives today!!
I recently had a Ric 4003 shipped from blustery Wisconsin and everything worked out great. Left it in the case for 24 hours to acclimate.
I'm looking forward to your pics and how long until you put Pbass, Mustang, and Hofner pickups in it;)

Last edited:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like a case queen Ingo! Best wishes with it.

mellowgerman

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was trying to get a little writing done for my web-content side job and just could not help peaking up at it every thirty seconds or so. This gradually progressed to me picking it up, plucking a few unplugged notes, then plugging in and then playing for a couple hours instead of doing work. Oh well, so much for responsibilities... I called it a couple days ago, earlier in this thread!

lungimsam

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats!! Looks more mint than my NS Starfire!!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Super sweet, MelloG! Glad that you're thumpin' a Guild again. I love the spartan look of that FS.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous! So, it's a little younger than you initially thought; more like an instrument from 1970.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

looks like Hans noticed right away what we all failed to see. Mello's bass has the rare configuration of the larger, Westerly headstock together with the Hagstrom Bisonic pickup...what a score! this is only the 3rd SF bass I recall seeing like that. Obviously, it also has the 3-line Chesterfield and Hoboken TRC on the later headstock. The case looks pretty creamy as well. 1970 was a great year for Guild, and happens to be my favorite. that thing is so very righteous bro, congrats again!

wisconsindead

Reaction score
I thought that headstock looked a little different! I figured it was just my imagination. Extra cool