Newark Starfire V / T-Armonds

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Newbie here and proud owner of Newark Starfire V. It's my first Guild electric and everything feels 'right' about it, especially the neck. I mainly play Rickenbackers and teles but must say there's something special about this Starfire.

I know the T-Armond replacement topic has been covered here but wondering if anyone has hands-on experience swapping out the LB-1s?

1. Should I go with English Mount and and use existing Guild mounting rings (cutting to accommodate)?
2. Or use DeArmond mount...and does that entail drilling new holes to mount?

I would like to have the option to revert back to LB-1s.

Thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Bumping the thread, looking for some expert advice before spending $300+ on a new set of T-Armonds:

I also notice that the pickguard fits pretty snug against the LB-1s, especially the neck pup. Will I have to mod pickguard to accommodate?

Reaction score
I ordered the T-Armonds from TV Jones and Tom was kind enough to offer to make new pup rings to accommodate the pickups. I shipped him my Starfire mounting rings to make sure the holes matched up with the new ones. Received the pups and mounting rings which are currently being installed.

Question: I'm going to eBay my LB-1s (to help offset the cost of the new T-Armonds) and was wondering what is a good asking price? I'm not seeing LB-1s - current or completed auctions on eBay. Suggestions? I guess a new set goes for $160 through Guild and mine are basically new, unused.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Greetings! Somehow I missed this thread last month… Dunno about the value of a set of mint-y LB-1s. My hunch is you'd have to price 'em at a decent discount to attract the attention of anyone considering a new set from Guild. But that's just a hunch…can't hurt to offer 'em at the price you'd like to get and see what happens.

Personally I think they're real nice pickups, so I'd likely hang onto 'em for potential future use.

-Dave-