New old Guild info or old new Guild info.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
It was the typos that convinced me.
(Ducks and covers)

ohnoyoudidnt.jpg

Neal

Reaction score
Lots of inaccuracies in the blog. Here are just a few:

- The amazing "F-5212".
- Production started in 1956.
- Fender purchased Guild in 2001.
- The author makes it sound as if Córdoba hired Ren Ferugson, making no mention of his work at New Hartford.

I don't know enough to comment about the history of Guild electrics to comment further.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Some of the "errors" might be careless writing but there are definitely details missing giving an overall impression of WRONG!

He gets Starfire bass details wrong. They were officially cataloged in 1965 but there are known examples with a 1964 serial number. There are a couple of Starfire II's that pre-date 1967 although all I know is their existence and not their history. The bass boost was added in mid-1967 and every Starfire bass has a tone and volume control per pickup. So to suggest that the suck switch was replaced by a tone control is sloppy writing at best.

All that said, I think it is an admirable effort. It reminds me of my first drafts of writing about Guild and I don't get everything right the first, or even second time :)

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was scrolling down on an article about the most expensive cassette tape ever sold when, without warning the article veered to Guild guitars. try about 5/8 of the way down to 7 electrics looking back at you.

http://musicalmusingbygreg.blogspot.com/

As folks are saying, there are lots of errors, but I just wonder how you came to be searching for information on the most expensive cassette tape ever sold.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I recognize a few of the un-credited photos!
Gotta admit it was that photo of the "guitar family" that made me think it was GAD's, I only lightly scanned the article 'cause it looked like it a re-hash of the Guild Wikipedia page, or I would have realized GAD wouldn't have made those historical errors.