Starfire IV - Westerly

Black Rooster

Reaction score
Congratulations! Mine is the same year. If yours is anything like mine, you will be a happy guy. Enjoy!

Thanks for congratulations :) yes...i'm more than happy,my first Guild but i'm shure not the last!!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
As i said times ago...i bought from a friend for 1000€ it's from 1997 SD pick up..... i love it! :)
15697970_1047198958758665_3982033732375548391_n_zpscjze3my4.jpg

Ohhhhh my........
Y'know, in retrospect, I kinda wish I hadn't been able to see that....and I even have a gorgeous piece of maple of my own!
:biggrin-new:

Black Rooster

Reaction score
Ohhhhh my........
Y'know, in retrospect, I kinda wish I hadn't been able to see that....and I even have a gorgeous piece of maple of my own!
:biggrin-new:

Hahahahaha thanks.... i was impressed of high quality construction when i seen this guitar first time.....believe or not here in Italy Guild brand have not so much appeal,but my musical mate that is a luthier once seen this first time said to me: "you gotta buy it". I like this kind of brand....no frills and lotta quality!! like Guild or Heritage for example...here you can buy a bluesbird Westerly made for 1000€ for example...i was near to buy.....maybe next time :) P.S Sorry for my uncorrect english.....i learned only during travel...no school :)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Your English is better than my Italian, and that guitar is beautiful!

I have two Westerly Starfire IVs in my possession right now, and as much as it pains me to say it, yours might be prettier than both of them!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Because Guild as a brand name mostly flies under the radar, the price/performance ratio with most Guilds is very high for sure. :triumphant: The Starfires are a prime example of this.

-Dave-

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
.believe or not here in Italy Guild brand have not so much appeal...
So, Italy, eh?
I have a section of Italian progressive rock from the '70's in my record collection:
Le Orme, PFM, NewTrolls, Il Volo, Uno, and my favorites are the first two Arti & Mestieri albums, Tilt and Giro di Valzer per Domani.

Bet your Starfire's gonna be right at home over there.

Last edited:

Black Rooster

Reaction score
Your English is better than my Italian, and that guitar is beautiful!

I have two Westerly Starfire IVs in my possession right now, and as much as it pains me to say it, yours might be prettier than both of them!
Thanks GAD, you have many many gorgeous guitars!! (love your S300 for example) and first of all you give me a very helpful hand with your blog when i was in search of a Starfire....expecially about the pick-up!

Because Guild as a brand name mostly flies under the radar, the price/performance ratio with most Guilds is very high for sure. :triumphant: The Starfires are a prime example of this.

-Dave-
Yes,i learned it with my first Guild.....really under-rated

So, Italy, eh?
I have a section of Italian progressive rock from the '70's in my record collection:
Le Orme, PFM, NewTrolls, Il Volo, Uno, and my favorites are the first two Arti & Mestieri albums, Tilt and Giro di Valzer per Domani.

Bet your Starfire's gonna be right at home over there.
Ooohh great! inLe Orme there was a fine guitar player called Tolo Marton that also won the Jimi Hendrix prize some years ago in Seattle and is also a great Rory Gallagher fan as me :) PFM was a Top group in Italy....really fine musicians and composers,i apreciate that you know IL VOLO thad last for only 1 LP (if i remember well) about Arti e mestieri i have to listen this group....just know by name....Last i give a couple of advice...listen to Garybaldi (the 2 LP Nuda & Astrolabio) they was GREAT and also AREA (areazione live would be fine as first listen)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
PFM was a Top group in Italy....really fine musicians and composers,i apreciate that you know
My favorite's L'Isola Di Niente

IL VOLO that last for only 1 LP (if i remember well)
I have this one, '75:
hqdefault.jpg

Haven't seen this one from '74 for probably 35 years:
il_volo-il_volo-front.jpg

about Arti e mestieri i have to listen this group....just know by name....

I think you can hear mp3's here:
http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=29

Last i give a couple of advice...listen to Garybaldi (the 2 LP Nuda & Astrolabio) they was GREAT and also AREA (areazione live would be fine as first listen)
Thanks!

Last edited: