It's green! - News from NAMM 2017

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
sq-tZ7527ku5BXwPTMS_Jgr0R7d7GnN-CSv9htQgK9hGuf2gStPgsIHYn5a0RWB_TJKLJtzXkNpt8T2HLI5QqHXzAngB2MmSR8TZOobg57z1lYy09oHqDEfsA__ZbJ4VWns_cFKtwduDQTuWxjTEb1447wp6DIinki7qFbqjkrAmcQWkzewJL-1h4pgFq7_q1PHOEXGs8l4pt44PKiqwyUKhg8NZ3F68_bztgiAXSKxYFwb6lAugeU7cFtMta_jFaoojJ4CFX34ljURLwiEQxZTxt37SGOrPGJktTqUH89ufs95rGKDVpKXQ49CWem3e2i7o_Lc-Z0cul4IxWXS2FpNpLO93AYzGp_vJBhW7UVa-GJ9nr36Hzp3lvqt2rcH2LDWKyPhX81l3GxWgUEMl78l4a8rZyJ--sBzZJZL2rJrhASlBzDP5N2W0lRB_zwoin5S7b0tuYluRlrfbLwJQSX-JEnXnGYMQQvqQiZ7zCajQQMPXE8l_gc-XV9sLTKPIddagNxpjT-JQCnuuBsVm1Wu8cYYbIL3fJAQPF7tWVec325FXamMa-IL7ovDinQ49J3WUZ2OFa7KAitkAePz9X8kqxGljx1PY8gpIp_rPOkNslnCAntiF

mgod took the picture while he was at NAMM. Newark Street. (Check the PU toggle). He was not sure whether it was maple or mahogany. I'll let him chime in with more. I just host pictures.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
OK, That is just down right Sexy! I have been toying around with the idea of getting one of the Newark Street Bass guitars for awhile now so I can lay some Bass tracks down on my recorder. That Emerald Green finish may just push me over the edge! Do the other Newark Street Starfire II Basses have a Master volume as well? That is another option I am very fond of.

TX

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey I'm not even a bass player but HOLY CRAP, that's nice!! Great color too!! Better if it was BLUE, but since I'm not a bass player... I get no voice!! :encouragement::encouragement:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm not even a bass player but HOLY CRAP, that's nice!! Great color too!! Better if it was BLUE, but since I'm not a bass player... I get no voice!! :encouragement::encouragement:

You can be whatever you wanna be if you wish hard enough.
And practice.
Speaking of which, practice looking sincere, disenfranchised, and woebegone for the hearing tomorrow, 'k?
:friendly_wink:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You can be whatever you wanna be if you wish hard enough.
And practice.
Speaking of which, practice looking sincere, disenfranchised, and woebegone for the hearing tomorrow, 'k?
:friendly_wink:
Thanks, amigo! I appreciate you remembering. Tomorrow is the skin cancer doctor. Thursday is the Disability Hearing. I've got so many FUN THINGS lined up I can hardly stand it!! But hopefully I'll make it to Happy Hour on Thursday afternoon. I've got four friends (plus Don) showing up to help me drown my insecurities..... wish me luck, kids!!! And thanks, Al. You're a CHAMP!! :encouragement:

wisconsindead

Reaction score
OK, That is just down right Sexy! I have been toying around with the idea of getting one of the Newark Street Bass guitars for awhile now so I can lay some Bass tracks down on my recorder. That Emerald Green finish may just push me over the edge! Do the other Newark Street Starfire II Basses have a Master volume as well? That is another option I am very fond of.

TX

They do. It's in the horn near the pickup switch

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total

TX

I suppose that, by definition, all Newark Street Starfire I's have a "master" volume. Snark safely caged again, the Chris Hillman had a master volume and the only regular production Starfire II (in Natural) has it. http://guildguitars.com/g/starfire-bass-ii/ I expect the specs to be the same for the green and natural except for the finish. I'm going to guess they are not going to offer Maple.

My fading memory suggests that some time in 1967 Starfire II's appeared with a master volume.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Still no sunburst?!?!?!

Should have sucked it up and bought a Chris Hillman. It would have given you a sunburst bass for the year or so more before I predict a sunburst regular production Starfire II will be available. I'm pulling that prediction out of the air but it CMG knew fairly soon after the purchase that the emerald green was the "hot" color in the vintage market and it still took them until now to produce it. My contacts in the dealer network passed on rumors that the factory was having trouble with sunbursts a while ago. The "rejection rate" was high and perhaps there are instruments sold with a solid color finish that have a botch sunburst underneath. So I don't expect a sunburst SF II until NAMM 2018 which means it won't be in players hands until Summer 2018.

Just an opinion and I know several folks who would like me to be too pessimistic on this one :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks, amigo! I appreciate you remembering. Tomorrow is the skin cancer doctor. Thursday is the Disability Hearing. I've got so many FUN THINGS lined up I can hardly stand it!! But hopefully I'll make it to Happy Hour on Thursday afternoon. I've got four friends (plus Don) showing up to help me drown my insecurities..... wish me luck, kids!!! And thanks, Al. You're a CHAMP!! :encouragement:

Silly me, I was already thinkin' it was the 25th, yesterday.
Did you know mimes and clowns have only 10% of the risk of developing skin cancer as the general population?
Good luck drowning.
And now back to our regular thread.

Last edited:

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
If you have them send a green one directly to my home immediately, I'll overlook their failure to release the 'burst maple til later...

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
If you have them send a green one directly to my home immediately, I'll overlook their failure to release the 'burst maple til later...

Application for Guild Endorsement Positions

How many times a year do you perform in public, exclusively as a bassist?

What is the average size of your audiences at the above performances?

How many commercial CDs (or equivalent) credit you as a bassist?

How many of those have sold more than 100,00 units?

Are you willing to use Guild basses (built since 2013) exclusively for publicity photos, performances and recordings?

Do you have a problem wearing purple spandex with a green bass?

Minnesota Flats

Reaction score
I mainly want a green one because when I get guacamole on my red SF-I, it clashes horribly. Salsa is fine, but guacamole? No.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Application for Guild Endorsement Positions

How many times a year do you perform in public, exclusively as a bassist?

What is the average size of your audiences at the above performances?

How many commercial CDs (or equivalent) credit you as a bassist?

How many of those have sold more than 100,00 units?

Are you willing to use Guild basses (built since 2013) exclusively for publicity photos, performances and recordings?

Do you have a problem wearing purple spandex with a green bass?

Isn't there also a question about having a Facebook page?