Free guild neon sign

griehund

Reaction score
Free Guild neon sign on FaceBook. Just pay for shipping. Just ordered one. Don't know why. Great marketing! $24.95

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I posted the link last week. It keeps popping up. Let us know how it all turns out..... there was some skepticism. Which color did you pick?

griehund

Reaction score
Order confirmed, sign free, $24.95 for shipping. Always been a sucker for shiny objects. This one caught me with my guard down. I ordered blue because, ummmm, I play blues? Now I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to do with it. On the bright side, it's not another guitar to feel guilty about not playing enough. Famous last words, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :culpability:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So, they're probably netting a few dollars from the shipping cost, and clearing out old inventory?

Well since the general consensus is that these are not a Guild product I wouldn't think there's any "clearing out of inventory". More like they're just in off the boat from china!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
So, they're probably netting a few dollars from the shipping cost, and clearing out old inventory?

$25.00 from Hong Kong? There's no money to be made on that.
Hate to sound like a skeptic but I'm certain there's something else going on.
In the interest of trying to "give 'em a fair hearing" , I just googled the domain Vintagily.com, and 1 "scam check" site considered 'em safe and reliable vendors: http://www.scamvoid.com/check/vintagily.com

while another gave 'em a "low trust" rating: http://www.scamadviser.com/is-vintagily.com-a-fake-site.html

So, worst case, they're collecting likely email addresses for more insidious scams like identity theft, less dangerous: it's simply a "take the money and run" and you'll never get product and who's gonna go after an outfit that's actually based outside the country, or,
Possible legitimate explanation: they're building a "mailing list" to sell to other entities and/or to enhance the value of their own site to advertisers and sellers.
And they're willing to pay for each "address", which is a time-honored marketing method.
So I'm hopin' for Griehund's sake at least (and anybody who responded) that it's actually legit even if their methods are somewhat "opaque".

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Well since the general consensus is that these are not a Guild product I wouldn't think there's any "clearing out of inventory". More like they're just in off the boat from china!

I kind of doubt that, because as Frono's explained before, unless they're actually licensed, they'd be infringing on trademark rights as soon as they're off the boat.
Those sites I mentioned show that even though their server's in the US, the company itself is based outside the country and location is "hidden" although original thread mentioned shipping from Hong Kong.
In fact, it occurs to me that if it comes into the country "Free" it might avoid violating domestic trademark violation laws (counterfeiting) since no monetary damages can be claimed by the trademark holder?
Especially one at a time in the flood of international mail.
That might explain the whole "free for cost of shipping" methodology.
But that's pure speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My guess...it costs them about 8.00 to make it, and the shipping and "handling" are nowhere near the charge collected. It's just a cute little sign that's made cheaply, shipped cheaply. They make a few bucks on each one. They seem to do a big biz replicating logos...lotsa car stuff. It's only 12" wide by 8" high or something. And it has a kind of neon-look, but it's not neon! Looks like a cute little sign for the music room! LOL!

Last edited:

griehund

Reaction score
Ok the free sign arrived a few days ago. I let it sit on the table unopened cause I was regretting ordering the damned thing and was wondering what I was going to do with it. As it happens, the night light in our dog isolation room died so I figured I'd open it up. Turns out it's quite nice for the price. Measures 12"x 7 1/2" and has an on/off switch. It will work nicely in the isolation room. I have gotten a few emails from the vendor but not too many. All in all I no longer regret ordering it.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ok the free sign arrived a few days ago. I let it sit on the table unopened cause I was regretting ordering the damned thing and was wondering what I was going to do with it. As it happens, the night light in our dog isolation room died so I figured I'd open it up. Turns out it's quite nice for the price. Measures 12"x 7 1/2" and has an on/off switch. It will work nicely in the isolation room. I have gotten a few emails from the vendor but not too many. All in all I no longer regret ordering it.

Good news!! , but where did it come from, meaning did it look like it was shipped from a domestic location?

griehund

Reaction score
It came from China. So the shipping cost is probably close to legit.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It came from China. So the shipping cost is probably close to legit.

Thanks buddy!
Tends to corroborate my initial conjecture that it's a ploy to create a "customer base" they can use to leverage advertising pricing as they go forward.
"Opaque" but most likely "legitimate", as I said earlier.
Whoops, I'm shedding again, gotta run.
:biggrin-new:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
See, Cliff? Sometimes you just have to say, "Naaah naaah, na na naaah!! I got my Guild sign and NO ONE DIED!!" And feel smug! I would!!

Nay sayers abound!! :encouragement:

Reaction score
Got mine last week!
It's exactly what I thought it would be...a cute little night light!

I had a small stand from some some sort of display thing I had years ago...don't even remember what it was, but I had always thought the little stand would come in handy some day...and it just fit right in it so that I could have it standing on the table in the corner.
Otherwise, it comes with a chain and you can hang it on a wall or whatever. The power cord comes from the lightbar that is on TOP of the sign...it would have been better to have the bar on the bottom...but oh well. It is what it is...no complaints!

GuildNiteLite.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
$25.00 from Hong Kong? There's no money to be made on that.

Trust me they make a lot of money. The product comes over in a storage container bundled with all kinds of other products. Piggy backing off more expensive shipments within that container. I would guess the mfg pays about $1 for that shipping. Once it hits our shores then the real cost is US shipping charges which could be 10 bucks or so. So that is $11 for shipping and probably $5 for manufacturing which leaves 9 bucks for profit.

I have had FREE shipping from China on items that cost $9.99 and the items are worth $9.99 so I decided to look into how they do it and above is what I found out. China is the capitalism KING of the world.

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Got mine last week!
It's exactly what I thought it would be...a cute little night light!

I had a small stand from some some sort of display thing I had years ago...don't even remember what it was, but I had always thought the little stand would come in handy some day...and it just fit right in it so that I could have it standing on the table in the corner.
Otherwise, it comes with a chain and you can hang it on a wall or whatever. The power cord comes from the lightbar that is on TOP of the sign...it would have been better to have the bar on the bottom...but oh well. It is what it is...no complaints!

GuildNiteLite.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am going to be a little sarcastic here. Cordoba/Guild need to find the company that etched that logo because it is far better (clean and straight) then the logo on the Newark Street Series guitars I have owned. :rolleyes-new:

Last edited: