1994 s-100 #8 from Japan

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I put in an offer on this one, but it looks like you beat me to it. If you ever decide to part with her, I'd love first crack at it.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Any elaboration on the "#8" claim? I'm not sure I'd make the claim if all I had was a serial number, but...

drc

Reaction score
Sorry everyone, its actually #5. #5 is reference to the serial number of FB000005. Not the 5th S-100 made, I will never go there.

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
When you get it could you let me know if there were any special permits or anything you had to go through to get it shipped over here to the states? I am curious if they are enforcing the CITES blanket regulations on Rosewood yet and if so what all getting it shipped to you involved. She is a Beauty for sure DRC, Congrats!

TX

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sorry everyone, its actually #5. #5 is reference to the serial number of FB000005. Not the 5th S-100 made, I will never go there.

Thanks. I personally would never claim that serial XXyyyyyyy was the yyyyyy th instrument made of "model" XX but that is because I have seen too many anomalies with Guild serial numbers. It's probably a moot point since I don't think I would pay any more for FB0000005 than I would for something with factory documentation that it was the fifth instrument of this model made since the model was (re)introduced.

Have fun with it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we seen this one before? Years ago, also in Japan. I seem to recall, at the time, a debate over the serial number, since the listing had ended and had crappy pics. Am I smoking crack? Can't find anything, but my search-fu may be weak.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Thanks. I personally would never claim that serial XXyyyyyyy was the yyyyyy th instrument made of "model" XX but that is because I have seen too many anomalies with Guild serial numbers.

Yup. I own Reverend serial #3, a Rocco model. The Reverend folks told me this meant it was the third production Reverend guitar to go through the full QC/setup process and receive the official "stamp of approval." It could've been the first one assembled or the 20th…they didn't keep track of that.

(Until recently Reverend was located a short drive away from me.)

-Dave-

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
arrived safe and sound.

TX - I didn't have to do anything in regards to the shipment

Awesome News DRC! Thanks for letting me know. That opens up my avenues a bit on a Guild in Japan I have been looking at. Congrats on the Beautiful S100 and it's safe arrival!

TX