Super Bowl in two weeks

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Joe, you only want the Falcons because of their wildlife-based name. Come on, admit it.
Actually, it went something like this:
Pulling for the Seahawks....Falcons beat 'em.
Pulling for the Packers....same result.
Ergo, I'm pulling for the Falcons....because I'd like to see new faces on the podium.
No love or hate motives, but a good game would be nice.

Joe

*Oh yeah, I NEVER watch the halftime show. Much ado about nothing. :wink-new:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Regardless I Hope it is a good game and another good Superbowl Experience for the fans and for my hometown of Houston. The last time we Hosted it went off without a hitch and I am hoping for the same this time.

I would love to see the Falcons win one and get some fresh faces up there and on the other hand I would love to see Brady win another and cement his legacy as the Greatest Cheater of All Time! LOL! Just Kidding:beaten:. I actually would love to see the look on that idiot Goodell's face :disillusionment: when he has to hand Brady and Belichick another trophy so it works out either way for me!

I really can't Harp on the Pats too much ans we pretty much have Patriots South down here on the Texans squad between coaches and players.

TX

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know how true this is, but someone just told me that as the season was starting, the Falcon's were at 100 to 1 odds to win the SB.

A modest wager at the time and a little intuition could pay big dividends.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't know how true this is, but someone just told me that as the season was starting, the Falcon's were at 100 to 1 odds to win the SB.

A modest wager at the time and a little intuition could pay big dividends.

I read this morning on ESPN's app that there was more money wagered at the beginning of the season on the Cleveland Browns to win the Superbowl than there was wagered on the Atlanta Falcons to win. That is Funny Right there!

TX

griehund

Reaction score
"I'm drunk, I'm stupid, I'm a Pats fan". That sums it up perfectly. We're so used to the hate we might as well play along. They don't call us Massholes for nothing. It'll be fun to see a new team at the SB but in the end, "I'm drunk, I'm stupid, I'm a Pats fan". :very_drunk: :confused: :loyal:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Right, it's a lot like the Montreal Canadiens, the New York Yankees, and the Red Auerbach era of the Boston Celtics. Everybody hates the most successful teams. We can take it.

And to be honest, you have to appreciate how lucky we are to have had so much success, it's been fun! You have to feel for the fans of teams like the Browns...

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Right, it's a lot like the Montreal Canadiens, the New York Yankees, and the Red Auerbach era of the Boston Celtics. Everybody hates the most successful teams. We can take it.

And to be honest, you have to appreciate how lucky we are to have had so much success, it's been fun! You have to feel for the fans of teams like the Browns...

walrus

well said. it cannot rain all the time. well, maybe browns are the exception. i usually pull for Browns, so glad they got a win.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"I'm drunk, I'm stupid, I'm a Pats fan". That sums it up perfectly. We're so used to the hate we might as well play along. They don't call us Massholes for nothing. It'll be fun to see a new team at the SB but in the end, "I'm drunk, I'm stupid, I'm a Pats fan". :very_drunk: :confused: :loyal:

a lot of it is media bias too. even some of media hate the pats cause belly never gives them a darn thing during interviews. "on to cincinatti" LOL

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I suppose, I'll have pull for the Pat's, if for no other reason than, One of our local boys here on the Iron Range may very well be the most recognized figure in Pat's history (per their web site). Gino Cappelletti

I'm sure some of you geezers would know what I'm talking about.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, I suppose, I'll have pull for the Pat's, if for no other reason than, One of our local boys here on the Iron Range may very well be the most recognized figure in Pat's history (per their web site). Gino Cappelletti

I'm sure some of you geezers would know what I'm talking about.

wow! Gino! I cant wait to tell my dad about this when i get home tonite. Though he is nigh 77 and suffering from dementia, he was a pats fan from 1960 when they played at BU field. he would know who that is...

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
wow! Gino! I cant wait to tell my dad about this when i get home tonite. Though he is nigh 77 and suffering from dementia, he was a pats fan from 1960 when they played at BU field. he would know who that is...

Yeah, Gino played from '60 to '70, was the all-time scoring leader 'til '05, still holds 2 of the top scoring records in NFL history and the Pat's record for field goals made. He was also a wide receiver.

griehund

Reaction score
Yeah, Gino played from '60 to '70, was the all-time scoring leader 'til '05, still holds 2 of the top scoring records in NFL history and the Pat's record for field goals made. He was also a wide receiver.

Ah those were the rough years. Pats couldn't buy, cheat or steal a successful season. No fun, no fans till Kraft, Belichick, and Brady. Now Boston is the place to be. #1 in the nation school system, low crime rate, fantastic sports teams. I feel very fortunate to be a Bostonian and a Masshole.

Walking Man

Reaction score
Well, I'm heartbroken today after my beloved Packers got an old fashioned beat down. I really love Brady and always like to see him succeed but I'll be pulling for Ryan and the Falcons in this one. Either way, the end results will be fine with me, I'm just hoping for a really competitive Super Bowl.

Our son-unit morphed into a Packer's fan during the Sterling Sharpe days. We were blessed to have him (our son) visiting the last week. There was no joy in sanctuaryville the past Sunday

CA-35

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when they were called the Boston Patriots and Jim Plunkett was Quarterback. Then Steve Grogan and then Drew Bledsoe. And now we have the golden boy.

All I can say is Go Tom Go.

This will be a close game and most likely will come down to a last possession in the last 2 minutes.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm old enough to remember when they were called the Boston Patriots and Jim Plunkett was Quarterback. Then Steve Grogan and then Drew Bledsoe. And now we have the golden boy.

All I can say is Go Tom Go.

This will be a close game and most likely will come down to a last possession in the last 2 minutes.

yes, thinking this will be very similar to the Pats v Panthers shootout. And if one team has 2 turnovers, they are done.