Guild @ NAMM 2017 reports

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
All the marketing spoo aside I am glad to hear that they seem to attempt some continuity from the well-appreciated NH models, with some potential incremental changes. I will ask my luthier/guild dealer if he has ordered one at NAMM.

I am glad they are continuing on Ren's influence and legacy at Guild. I have heard nothing but positive feedback re the early USA 20 series regarding tone. No doubt Ren's underlying theme was to build Guilds lighter for more resonance.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I am really anxious to see how these "New and Improved" D55's perform and hold up over the next few years and if there will be any problems or warranty issues with their Newly Designed Dovetail Neck Joint. I am Happy Guild is moving in a direction towards regular production models of the traditional line but I am not trustworthy enough in them yet to spend my money on one. Time will tell.

TX

Lighter build can backfire re bellying and neck resets needed down the road. I heard this about Santa Cruz, and have witnessed it as experience. But 350 bucks every 10 or 20 years is worth the tone you get, IMHO. Especially if you stumble upon a keeper. Now, I still consider myself an idiot for investing in a reset on my Br, but that is water under bridge by now. Besides, I have well proved myself to be an idiot in many other cases...not to mention selling the tone-flamed D50, the D35...the list goes on.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Besides, I have well proved myself to be an idiot in many other cases...not to mention selling the tone-flamed D50, the D35...the list goes on.
Like you said aboui something else, it's water under the bridge.
You've paid you debt to society, now shut up'n play yer guitar.
And keep posting.
:friendly_wink:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Like you said aboui something else, it's water under the bridge.
You've paid you debt to society, now shut up'n play yer guitar.
And keep posting.
:friendly_wink:

Thanks Al! And for the encouragement....keep on keeping on....isnt that a Dylan song? or lyric?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks Al! And for the encouragement....keep on keeping on....isnt that a Dylan song? or lyric?
Don't know about Dylan but apparently it's been around longer than I realized, in fact, I'm thinking its "popular use" probably dates back to your birth year:
"Keep On Keeping On", by Len Chandler Chandler 1964, from the album The Lovin' People 1967 - cited in speech by Martin Luther King Jr.
"Keep On Keeping On", by Ruby Johnson, Parker, Catron, Johnson, 1967
Refs from the Wiki pag:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_On_Keeping_On

But I suspect the usage hit "critical mass" from the Rose Royce tune in Car Wash.
Would make a good slogan for our favorite guitar brand, though.
(Whew, back on track!)