GUILD LED "Made to be Played sign, supposedly free, just pay shipping.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This popped up on my Facebook page as an ad and I followed the link to the page. It's a Guild LED sign with a logo and "Made To Be Played" and they're saying it's FREE (next 24 hours) just pay the shipping. Keep in mind I know NOTHING about this vendor or this site, and their webpage seemed a bit pushy with wanting to know location and then send push notifications through Chrome, but..... it's a cool sign. I don't want one but I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else was interested.

Knowing nothing about this vendor I can't recommend them personally. But you might want to take a look. Regularly $49.99, now $0.00, just pay shipping. Choice of colors, too! Proceed with caution......

HERE!!

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Man, that smells like pirated stuff not made with the permission of the copyright/trademark holder. I opened a chat window on their site with "Nathalie", and asked twice over the past 10 minutes if the stuff was licensed. Dead air is the response so far.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
And "Standard Shipping" is $25. You can probably get a better deal on these likely pirated signs in EvilBay.

F312

Reaction score
Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
Ralph

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"All items are dispatched from our warehouse in Hong Kong."

Alan_M

Reaction score
A variation of this pops up all the time for me. Usually it is a band logo who's page I have "liked". Always the same "deal", just pay shipping. Seems super dubious to me. And 25 bucks for shipping is ridiculous. Of course, that probably covers the entire costs, including shipping, should they actually be making and selling a product. More than likely you'll end up getting a big goose egg.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I agree that it looks as if they are not licensing the designs and trademarks they use. Shipping from Hong Kong suggests that the licensing issue will occur at import into the United States. There are places in the world where US patents, trademarks and copyrights are not honored and I think Hong Kong is one. This site appears to have been in business for less than six months. Their marketing approach may be scammy but it may also just be aimed at a demographic that is decades younger than most posters on LTG.

But I don't want one so...

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Proceed with caution......
OK my curiosity was finally aroused enough to click on that link and the first thing Chrome told me was that "The site cannot provide a secure connection".
So maybe just due to my outdated OS and Chrome but yeah, I wouldn't advise going there no matter what.
EDIT: Actually when I clicked on "Details" foo the above warning, it said the problem was likely on the server end.