You Meet The Nicest Folks...........

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've posted numerous times that I'm not much of a guitar player and I stand by that. I mean, I don't completely suck but when I hear the types of things Wiley Pickett and Bluesy Picky and many others of you out there do, it just makes me realize that I am what I am and to just be thankful that I can still pick up a guitar and hammer out a few tunes.

To me, I guess part of the fun is just the folks you get to talk to, the threads you get to read here, buying/selling/trading to keep on trying new things etc. Also, you often can strike up some nice long distance friendships with other players.

I posted here awhile back that I had bought several pieces from an older gentleman in Ohio including a G 75, a DV 73 and a JV 72. He also has a 45th Anniversary Guild that he just agreed to sell to me and I'll be posting a thread and pics (provided Eric can help me) once I receive it. He's had some great stuff in his life and I missed meeting him by a couple years to maybe also have picked up his F 612, He's married and loves his wife for sure. She's had a series of medical setbacks but he's stayed right there with her cooking, cleaning and tending to her needs. Sometimes it's nice in a world of love 'em today and leave 'em tomorrow to hear things like that and to make me once again see the world doesn't turn around me and it doesn't owe me a damned thing. He just seems to be a really unselfish and caring guy. Good on him!!!!

Then yesterday, I talked for about 45 minutes or so with a guy in Southern California. He's about me age and he says he's similar to me in that he loves, and owns a lot of really nice gear. He says he doesn't play all that well but just enjoys having them, looking at them and appreciating them. He's gonna send me some pics of some of his cool stuff and we may work out a trade for my JF 100 NAT CRV that I have listed. We'll see. He was very cool.

No particular message or topic here. I just feel like saying thanks to all the player folks I've met both here on this site and elsewhere and that I appreciate talking to them and hearing about their passions and what they have going on in life.

Musicians and music lovers are a special breed and for the most part are very good folks.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I couldn't agree more, Richard!! Coming here almost 5 years ago to find out some info about my Guild D65S was a very lucky day for me. The amount of stuff I've learned and the friends I've made make me grateful for that fateful day. Good post..... totally agree. :encouragement:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The 45th Anniversary guitar is cool! Looking forward to pics and your impressions.