Orpheum price question

Renuncia701

Reaction score
Thoughts on Orpheum slothead 12 rosewood $ 1725.00. Good- Great- bad- about right- Guitar close to new condition I thinking on purchase

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If it's really in great nick and "like new" with no issues, I'd say that's a killer price. One of the lowest I've heard! Others will chime in shortly.....

p.s. - is it a 12 string, or 12 fretter? Or both? I think they did both too. Not that it matters at that price.....

Renuncia701

Reaction score
6 string 12 frets. Like new. I really cannot afford it right now but the temptation if the price is right. I really appreciate the Orpheum I have. Just need some informed guidance

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sounds like a great price to me. Hard to imagine a guitar that new having any serious issues.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a great price if everything is good with it. Personally I own a 12 fret 000 12 string in Rosewood and a 12 fret 000 6 string in Hog. The 6 string hog sounds good with the smaller body and has a nice folk tone to it. The 12 string RW 12 fret sounds amazing as it has a tons of overtones going on with it. Acoustic Notes in the higher register of it honestly sound like you are running a High end chorus pedal on an electric. I have heard feedback from a few that were underwhelmed with the 6 string 000 12 fret RW but I can't imagine why when the 12er sounds as good as it does. If you can afford it I would give it a shot. Worst case scenario is you can get your money back out of it at that price if you don't like it. Best of luck with it and let us know how it turns out!

TX

Renuncia701

Reaction score
://reverb.com/item/3468392-guild-orpheum-orchestra-slothead-2014-natural-wood I have decided against purchasing. Negoitiated to- 1725 + 75 shipping if anyone else interested my final offer 1700 + 75 shipping the above was counter offer. Thank you for the replies and advice