Jimmy Page and a Guild F512

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Just bought a copy of Jimmy Page's 2015 release, "Soundtracks", basically a re-release and remaster of the "Lucifer Rising" and "Death Wish II" soundtracks, with extra bonus and demo tracks. Pretty cool, actually.

Anyway, in the high-quality, glossy booklet that is included there is a graphic of what appears to be all the guitars he used making these albums - his Gibson Les Paul #1 , #2, Roland GS-500 synth guitar, his Fender Tele with the B-Bender, etc. Also on the graphic is a picture of a Guild F512! And I'm not guessing what Guild it is, it is clearly labelled as such (as are the other guitars) on the graphic.

Now an Internet search brings up no information of Page using a Guild 12 string - please show me a link if you have one! But what makes the "Lucifer Rising - Early Mix" different from the original version is a nice 12-string part that Page had removed.

It seems more than a coincidence the guitar is included with the other guitars in the booklet. And Page discusses the 12-string part in the early version of the song within the text of the booklet as well, so it is clearly an important part of the re-release.

walrus

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting, as I thought all his 12 string work was on a Martin 12er. Like a D35-12 or something like that, D20-12, or 28-12.