NGD: 1960 Guild T-100D (and a serial number question)

Reaction score
Hi All
I was pleased to recently pick up this 1960 T-100D and also a 60s Guildsby, which I installed. A great sounding and playing guitar and my first electric Guild. There is one odd things about it, however. The serial on the label and the serial on the headstock do not match. Is it possible a bridge pickup was added at some point by the factory and the serial changed? It's a bit of a mystery. If anyone can shed light on it, I'd be most appreciative. Hope I post the pics correctly.

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's a beaut, congratulations! Re: label/number : that happened sometimes, apparently. Monday morning at the factory?

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There is one odd things about it, however. The serial on the label and the serial on the headstock do not match. Is it possible a bridge pickup was added at some point by the factory and the serial changed? It's a bit of a mystery. If anyone can shed light on it, I'd be most appreciative.

Hello TravisJ,

Serial # 12103 is the correct one for this guitar. The added/corrected serial number, # 15121, was added after the instrument left the factory.
I have no idea why that was done and I can tell you that it would not be the correct serial number for that particular model.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Travis, that is a sweet guitar! Congratulations!

walrus

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's beautiful, TravisJ.

I really like the deep dark fretboard which I assume is probably rosewood, but it looks like ebony.

jcwu

Reaction score
That's a real beauty!!!

How does it play with the Bigsby? I also installed a Guildsby on a T100, and I find the break angle over the bridge rather shallow. Seeing your photo reminded me of that. I'm considering switching back to a harp tailpiece to see if it would make things better.

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
What a beautiful guitar! If it plays and sounds anything like the 1959 T-100D I just bought, you've got a winner! I'm loving mine.