Fretboard radius of the Corona made 2002 X160 Rockabilly?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks Walter.

I'm simply curious to know what it comes out to, myself. In the first Guild Gallery Jim Inman states that they were all 12" at that time, but I never thought about the electrics, the article was primarily focused on "Care and Feeding" of acoustics.
I checked the '01 Fender Frontline catalog to see if they covered it in there but no luck, so stayed quiet til you had some good input.

Reaction score
From the research I've done and the scores of pictures I've looked at, it looks like they only changed a couple of things on the X160 from Westerly to Corona:
1. Increased neck angle (higher, for better string break angle after the bridge, helps sustain and keeping the strings and bridge in place).
2. Wooden bridge base.
3. Spacers under the pickups (due to #1).
4. Optional bridge for plain G string intonation.
5. The Tennessee Orange color is a lot more red, but still transparent and not quite fiesta red.
6. Pickup selector switch gets metal tip, replacing black plastic.

One thing I have not been able to verify is if they changed the actual overall size of the guitar. On some of the earlier westerly I see it stated as a 16 1/4" lower bout. My Corona is definitely 16". And my upper bout measures 11 13/16.