Guild T100 (moded to T100D) from the 50's pricing

Reaction score
Hey guys it's me again,

I was looking for a Starfire and this T100 popped up near me.
It was modded to a T100D with the addition of a newer bridge Franz repro pickup
I've asked the seller a few question but he has yet to answer.
What he says is it's from the 50's, has original flightcase (not shown) and that
guitar had no repairs done and comes with the original binding.
(and he's looking for a Tele)

Here is it:

https://www.2ememain.be/musique-ins...itares-électriques/guild-t100d-325848684.html

I'm pretty sure it won't be quite like a Starfire but it still peaked my interest,
I'm wondering how much are these beauty worth with that non original pickup mod?

Thanks in advance,

Blinghit

Last edited:

billydlight

Reaction score
Double bound T100 is a pretty rare bird. I'd buy that. $700 USD tops

Last edited:

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
That's a nice looking guitar! I don't have an opinion on the current value of the instrument. From the Guild Guitar Book (Hans Moust), it appears to be a 1958 model... the year it was introduced (based on serial no. 5749). A lot about this guitar looks authentic from that era: the Waverly tailpiece, the Grover StaTite three-on-a-plate tuners, the black "stove" knobs, the "greenish tint" to the finish under photographic light. There are also a few anomalies from the standard model: the three piece mahogany-walnut-mahogany neck, with the "peaked" Guild logo and "Chesterfield" design inlay on the headstock face-plate, and the binding on the back of the guitar. But since this is an early production instrument, these features may be held over from the CE-100, the model it was based on. The Bigsby aluminum bridge is not original, and may indicate that the guitar had a Bigsby Vibrato at some point.

As with any vintage instrument... it is important to have the guitar "in hand" to evaluate it. How is the action? How is the neck angle? How well do the electronics work? The Starfire model was based on the design of the T-100 "Slim Jim", and the early Starfire guitars were T-100 bodies with upgraded appointments! I like the Franz P-90 style pickup... it has good clarity and bite in the trebles with some twang in the mid-range.

Good Luck with your search!

Last edited:
Reaction score
@billydlight It's in Europe so the pricing may be quite higher, but I don't intend to pay too much for it :)

@drc I'm seriously considering it, i must say ^^

@sailingshoes72 Thanks for all the informations man, it really helps a lot. I thought the knobs were'nt orignal for sure, but I guess I was wrong.
I'm pretty sure I'll dig the Franz-P90ish pickups but I was really astonished by the Guild Humbuckers in Starfires so I'm gassing for one a lot ^^

Anyway, I'll send the seller another email to make an appointment and see the guitar first-hand and I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks again,

Blinghit

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That's very nice! If it plays well, and looks to be structurally sound, etc., I'd have to agree with drc - buy it!

walrus

Reaction score
Well since he's asking for 1800euros (roughly 1900 USD) I think I'll wait for something else..
Prices here are downright outrageous..
I was ready to pay about 1200euros (1270 USD) since you don't come across that many Guilds out here
but damn, he's well over my evaluation ^^

Again, thanks for chiming in and thanks for the informations,

I hope next time I'll find a more reasonably priced instrument so I can ask for your opinions and then finally take it home :)

King regards,

Blinghit

Last edited: