Last time

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It's not a VI, but it's a killer III from Westerly with SD1 pickups in it. Can't vouch for the guitar or seller at all, but it's got a make offer button and it looks pretty nice:

https://reverb.com/item/3912728-guild-starfire-iii-blonde-westerly-ri

czxhzi0nm9medsaisw3f.jpg
I'm not even a 'lectric guy but you guys keep threatening to convert me with this stuff.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Every "not an electric guy" should have a Starfire III. They're fun to play unplugged because they're fully hollow and resonate acoustically. If you don't like the three then get an X170. Or an X500! Or just say screw it and buy an Artist Award. They're acoustical!

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Every "not an electric guy" should have a Starfire III. They're fun to play unplugged because they're fully hollow and resonate acoustically. If you don't like the three then get an X170. Or an X500! Or just say screw it and buy an Artist Award. They're acoustical!

But, but...... they're meant to be played plugged in.... no?.... <insert drum roll and splash cymbal here>

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
One of the many Guilds I played recently was a '90s SF II. Yow, that thing was loud…acoustically! Nice tone, too, with more body than I expected.

-Dave-

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of the many Guilds I played recently was a '90s SF II. Yow, that thing was loud…acoustically! Nice tone, too, with more body than I expected.

-Dave-

It's those truly hollow-body Guilds. Every one I've owned has been amazingly loud unplugged.

Guildadelphia

Reaction score
My big ol' NS X175B is pretty loud (and pretty toneful to boot) for a plywood guitar w/ built-in pu's and set-up with 10's. I would imagine the NS AS150 is really loud and sweet sounding unplugged with the solid spruce top, floating pu, and some heavier strings.