Incoming 1976 F-412 - question about machine heads

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The pearl dots on the bridge might be concealing "Hot dot" pickups. I know Guild used them for a while, but don't remember the era... 70s I think. IS there a paper label in the visible soundhole? Does the model number end with an E (designating factory electronics)?

Don't think that 'Hot-Dots' would work well in that location. As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I believe it's a replacement bridge and the dots might conceal the holes that were made for 'locator pins' that were used while glueing the bridge.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

wileypickett

Reaction score
Since they're on the part of the bridge that often lifts, my inclination is that the owner drilled holes in the bridge, countersunk a couple screws to secure the bridge to the top and then covered the holes with MOP dots. Do you have the guitar yet? What's it look like inside?

Epsilon

Reaction score
Since they're on the part of the bridge that often lifts, my inclination is that the owner drilled holes in the bridge, countersunk a couple screws to secure the bridge to the top and then covered the holes with MOP dots. Do you have the guitar yet? What's it look like inside?

I think Hans is right that the bridge is a replacement. Looking closely there is a small amount of discolouration around the bridge which shows where the original had been fitted, which was clearly a fraction larger than the bridge currently fitted. The ebony bridge pins are most likely replacements also. Looking inside the guitar there is no evidence of screws.