1966 Starfire XII sunburst

Reaction score
Hi to all from St. Augustine, Fl. I just picked up a 1966 Starfire XII in fair shape. Someone put in full size grover tuning machines , lost the pickguard and truss rod cover and put on Gibson knobs as well as a white plastic toggle switch tip. The pickups, bridge and tailpiece are original. Neck is straight but there is some major fretting out past the 12th.

I was thinking of parting out the guitar and keeping the neck and body for myself to modify and use it as a player. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi to all from St. Augustine, Fl. I just picked up a 1966 Starfire XII in fair shape. Someone put in full size grover tuning machines , lost the pickguard and truss rod cover and put on Gibson knobs as well as a white plastic toggle switch tip. The pickups, bridge and tailpiece are original. Neck is straight but there is some major fretting out past the 12th.

I was thinking of parting out the guitar and keeping the neck and body for myself to modify and use it as a player. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome. Pictures might help folks generate an informed opinion. Generally "parting out" is not popular here, but it sounds like your plans might be closer to a restoration to playability than parting for profit :)

Reaction score
Welcome to the '66 Starfireclub. If I were you I would restore to playability as fronobulax suggested. :)
Please share some pictures :adoration: