Help to identify my Guild

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Am I the only one amused that this didn't work? :cool:

The proper response would be to tell us what your browser is, what add ons you are using, when the cache was last cleared and whether changing browsers made a difference.

I have hosted numerous images from Dropbox at LTG so if this is a Dropbox problem then it is new. This is not, however, the first time one user has reported seeing an image and another sees nothing, including the "broken link" icon.

:)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hum, would be great if one can upload a pic direct from the pc.

See the answer to that here.

Even when the IMG tags are correct there are reports of images not showing up in posts. That has happened to me several times and apparently it got GAD and Quantum this time. My suspicion is that it has something to do with browser environments - but so far there isn't enough concrete data to investigate.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
FWIW I'm on my iPad, as usual, with its version of Safari. Yesterday I couldn't even view the pic in question via the text link provided earlier in this thread. Today at least that link works again.

Still wondering how a Polara neck ended up on a T-bird body…

-Dave-

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting, by chance I now know of multiple of those "mixup" guitars...
I had asked Hans about one of them just back in December and Hans told me he would like to keep the info for the future update of Part 1 of The Guild Guitar Book...So no info public yet...

As a teaser at least, here is the picture from ziork (left) vs. one of her sisters:

https://uc093973f0775313e4323c28fb4...5TK_iNuqjzg_gHeUgygR6XVScw/p.jpeg?size_mode=5

(Unfortunatelly second picture is lost at Photobucket...)

Ralf

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
thats crazy, I never knew these existed. loving the frequency tested pickups and lack of T-bird switches on that body (even though its too big for me personally). That would be killer if these had the T-bird inlay in the headstock, bit i guess they are essentially Polaras, just with a T-bird body. it does have the standard asymmetrical shaped S-200/100/50 headstock which even some later Thunderbirds (and Polaras and Jetstars) do not have. overall just super cool, has to be quite rare.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I like the subtle burst finish on that right-most mashup guitar. Wonder if these are late period "gotta use up all the pieces!" creations? Gotta wait for Hans, I guess… :)

-Dave-

matsickma

Reaction score
From the shape if the pickguard around the bridge and the chrone soapbar pickups these unusual versions were likely conjure in the '63 and '64 time period. Pretty cool. Live the two tone burst "Polarbird" guitar.
M

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
likely conjure in the '63 and '64 time period.
Yes, the right one is a 1964 according the serial number.

The basic idea to have a simplified Thunderbird shaped guitar also somehow continues in the Newark St. series now, even more basic:

tbird_st_blue_detail1.jpg

Ralf