Help to identify my Guild

Reaction score
Hello There,

I would like to get some help to identify my Guild electric guitar. I purchased this in the early 70ties and the pre owner did a lot of mess with it. Due to some repaint work the serial number is no longer visible. The scratchplate was broken and I tried to replace it as goog as possible. Also the inlays of the headstock were damaged over the years so that I replaced them with original MOP inlays. It has an inbuild stand like the S-200 Thunderbird, but the scratch plate and the inlays of the headstock are different. So I'm not sure if it is realy a S-200, but I could not find any other model, which looks like mine.

photo.php

Hope the pic will help!

Reaction score
Need help to identify my Guild

Hello Forum,

I need some help to identify my Guild guitar, which I bought in the early 70ties as a second hand. The pre owner messed a lot with this guitar and due to some repaint work the serial number is no longer visible. Is this a S-200 T_Bird? I asked, because the headstock and the scratch plate (switches on it) are not the same as I see on pictures in the internet. Here is a püicture of mine hope it helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2boqhg6uobwvdf/PICT0027.JPG?dl=0

<Edited to link> D

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Our forum software can't handle Dropbox. :-(

Sure looks like a modded T-bird or Polara to me!

krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
looks like a t-bird, but i've never seen one with dots instead of blocks.

Reaction score
looks like a t-bird, but i've never seen one with dots instead of blocks.

Yes, also the headstock inlays are different. That's why I'm not sure. It's not a Polara. They have a slightly different body shape. Mine has also this inbuild guitar stand at the back.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks like maybe a Polara S100 from '63-69ish?

Pg 156 in the bible.

Last edited:

Qvart

Reaction score
Well, it has a Thunerbird body and a similarly-shaped pick guard (although that could have been fabricated post-factory), but the neck with the dots, head stock, and the electronic controls look like an S-100 Polara.

Could be an in-between-models one-off, some kind of prototype, a special order, or perhaps a short run Guild did for some reason (some of you may remember '70's S-100 with dots for fret markers that were made for a music store).

Without the serial number you'll probably need to have Hans take a look. Even with the serial number we'd probably need Hans.

polaras_zps6ig9cjn5.jpg

Reaction score

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
SQbT--UobKm65TBYEKKpH-4fooal5u_1346S--_dra0

The problem is not Dropbox but the link put in the IMG tags. I got the above by copying the dropbox link, pasting it into the address bar, right clicking on the image, saving the image location and pasting that between the tags.

Might be time to revise and rewrite the How To...

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

The problem is not Dropbox but the link put in the IMG tags. I got the above by copying the dropbox link, pasting it into the address bar, right clicking on the image, saving the image location and pasting that between the tags.

Am I the only one amused that this didn't work? :cool:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Hm, the second one there is a Polara, but that one has a different body shape. Mine has the same sbody as the S-200 linke on the first pics.

My bad. I was too focused on the pickguard & fretboard inlays to notice the Polara body. :)

-Dave-

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
For the IMG tags to work, you need the full url for JUST the picture. No other stuff that hosting sites can put around them.

Reaction score

Hum, would be great if one can upload a pic direct from the pc.