Help identifying Guild D4

Reaction score
Despite my research, I haven't been able to fully identify my Guild D4 NT guitar. The Serial number is CF007575 and it has a square inlay of wood in the center of the Head stock that I haven't seen in any pictures anywhere on the web. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Despite my research, I haven't been able to fully identify my Guild D4 NT guitar. The Serial number is CF007575 and it has a square inlay of wood in the center of the Head stock that I haven't seen in any pictures anywhere on the web. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello geoani,

Welcome! The serial number indicates that your Guild D4 NT with serial # CF007575 was completed during the year 1993.

On a Guild D-4 NT from that particular date I would expect a black headstock with the Guild logo, so the square inlay of wood in the center of the headstock sounds like something that was added to the guitar after it left the factory. Show us a photo!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO LTG, geoani.
You've just heard from the Guild guru so I have nothing more to add, other than the call for a photo or three of your D4. We like pics of other people's guitars.

I've had a few D4s and I think they're often overlooked and even unappreciated, despite the fact that they're decent guitars, especially for the price. Not enough bling, perhaps?

Stick around and enjoy your time here, :peaceful:
Joe

Reaction score
Was made in Westerly. Made there even after Fender bought until the mid to late 90,s. Nt is for new technology. The arched back. The date made is stamped on the square block of wood as you look into the sound hole toward the neck on the right side. I have a 92 and love it Low action and nice mellow sound. Not a peacock, but a quality unit.
Hope this helps.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Was made in Westerly. Made there even after Fender bought until the mid to late 90,s.

Hello Gene,

Welcome! This guitar was made during the year 1993; that's before Fender bought the company at the end of 1995.

Nt is for new technology. The arched back.

That's not correct! Actually, the arched back was 'old technology' as far as Guild was concerned. That building technique goes back to the '50s, when the company was founded; the technique itself goes back even further than that.

NT stands for Natural Top, which was one of the various finish standard finish options.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl