2016 Starfire Vibrato?

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Salivating over my new Starfire, I noticed on the vibrato it says Guild® , however on others I see at online dealers as well as Guild's website, it says Guild Licensed. Seems there is no rhyme or reason to which one they use.
Any ideas what the difference is between licensed (which I would assume it is from Bigsby and asian made? vs ® which to me reads like it is a Guild vibrato (if they even make one)

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That's odd, they don't say "Licensed" any more? The NS line uses asian made licensed Bigsbies, as in "not made in the US by the Bigsby company, but made overseas and licensed from the Bigsby company". The main difference is that USA made ones are sand-cast aluminium like they were from the start, licensed ones are cut of of aluminum and look a little less "hand made". Funny detail is that the asian made ones are usually a little better in the quality control dept, probably because there's less hand work involved.

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
I am not sure they stopped with ones that say Licensed since their website shows licensed and ® on different models, whether a 2015/14 or 1016.

dbirchett

Reaction score
They refer to them in copy as a B60 or B70 even tho' they say Guild on them. So they are made overseas.

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
They refer to them in copy as a B60 or B70 even tho' they say Guild on them. So they are made overseas.

I understand that, just wondering why some are licensed and some are just trademarked? Almost (and probably is) like it is whatever comes out of the box is what is used.