Short scale cutaway

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Could those in the know please enlighten me as to which Guilds were released in a short scale, and if any of them were available as a cutaway?
TIA

You want to look for S4ce's and early (pre '94) F65ce's and other "F--ce's" from that period.
Also some pretty rare piices from the "Prestige" series that preceded the "Fxxx's".
Be aware those have pretty shallow bodies as they were intended to feel like electrics for the electric player wanting a natural-sounding acoustic and seen as probably doing most duty plugged in.
F47ce's are "normal" depth but I don't know if they made short scale versions of those.
M20's, F20's, and F30's had shortscale versions but I don't think any of 'em ever offered cutaways.

Aristera

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my short scale 24 fret F65ce. Also, the newer long scale models have 22 frets.

f65ce1.jpg

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a pure acoustic short scale, The Guild Orpheum 12 fret slope dread solid Adi/Hog was only made in 24.75" scale as well as the Orpheum 12 fret slot head 000 solid Adi/RW or Adi/Hog in both 6 and 12 string versions. Unfortunately none of them came with a cutaway.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Songbird or FS-20CE will get you there if you are plugging in.