Am I the only one...

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I think they only came on the limited edition models (GSR) from New Hartford. I actually have a set, somebody replaced them on a GSR so I snapped them up when they were offered for sale. Don't know what I'll use them for, maybe my F-40 at some point.
Brad

Neal

Reaction score
They were stock on all Orpheums built in New Hartford.

They have been somewhat maligned among Orpheum owners for being twitchy and a bit unstable, but I like mine a lot.

They do get grungy if you don't keep them wiped down.

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The early ones that came on the GSR Acoustics (around 2011) up to the ones that were put on the early Orpheums around 2013 all work great. I have them on my GSR D50 Cocobolo and never had a problem. My late 2013 to early 2014 model Orpheums are the ones that gave me trouble with them binding up and being cantankerous. I think I have 2 sets laying around from where I changed them out to Gotoh 700's that came on the traditional series with Metal buttons. That solved the problem.

TX

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You're not - I never had either - even though based on the responses so far, I should have!

walrus

markus

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have those on my OM, but the Grovers on my 800$ DV4 work much better!

Markus :smile:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that's right. Though these were frequently seen on some of the GSRs from New Hartford, I think they were originally conceived in Tacoma. Cool, aren't they?

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels that if they should have gone for a Kolb diamond button on special "Guild" vintage style tuners?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels that if they should have gone for a Kolb diamond button on special "Guild" vintage style tuners?

Even a Kolb Square button would have been a nice touch. The Kolb tuners I have on my 1960 X175 are probably some of the easiest and most accurate vintage tuners I have ever used. They are every bit as reliable and precise as modern tuners.

TX

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, you're lucky! I have two X175's with the Diamond-shaped Kolb tuners, and they're pretty worn out. If they weren't as pretty as they are, I'd have long changed them out.