NS Series Posts?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
It took the MIC Guilds a while to be accepted at LTG but their position as a "gateway" to more expensive Guilds has been acknowledged. The Newark Street line did not suffer quite as much resistance since they are the only new Guild electrics available.

. . .
I'd say this is a perfect summary of the general feeling around here. I would also like to say that I had a conversation about Guild with my local bricks-and-mortar retailer a few years ago and he said -- flat out -- if Fender hadn't put the MIC Guilds in the lineup, he would've had to drop Guild completely. IMO, Guild, as a new brand, would've probably died. The economics of the 2008 - 2011ish era were such that barely any of the US models moved here in central MA. The simple fact is that people buying high-end bought Taylors or Martins. Guild was a VERY distant third here.

dbirchett

Reaction score
Real quick, I tuned it up, played it, used the thingamajig wha wha gizmo too, LOL

Stays in tune, looks stunning and I mean it is a real beauty. The fretboard is some of the darkest rosewood I have seen. The rosewood bridge was light so I oiled it up to darken it and it looks snazzy..

review and pictures to come.

So what did you get? I don't see that in any of your posts.

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
Teaser

31151729354_4e23dd641a_b.jpg

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
A sub forum for black, Westerly Bluesbirds would be nice.

So my red one is out? That's it, I'm starting a Red-only Bluesbird forum! Where everyone gets 250 PMs!

Guys. Play nicely! Maybe you could form a Talking Heads tribute band and include material from member's solo projects as well?

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
another tease only because this one represents the true color as the other pic was washed out. Also, the fretboard is that dark. The inlay on the fretboard looks wonky due to the glare of the flash. The inlays are perfection with no rough edges and perfectly fit to the cutouts. Whoever did the fretboard, fretwork and finishing need to be hired by Gibson.

31630820830_08c468bb40_k.jpg

31856661092_efeef24dcb_k.jpg

Last edited: