F-612 Dreams

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sorry for duplicating effort - just trying to help.

Not a problem and no criticism intended. If the phrase "well discussed" sent a message that "discussed" does not then it is My Bad. My impression of Gruhn's F-612 is that it needs a lot of work to be restored to its former glory and the asking price is high considering the work to be done. The fact that that thread convinced me of that is why I said "well discussed". I now see where that phrase could also be seen as a snarky suggestion that "it is already discussed there and there was no need to remind anyone of that". The latter was not my intent, so sorry.

MancJonny

Reaction score
Not a problem and no criticism intended. If the phrase "well discussed" sent a message that "discussed" does not then it is My Bad. My impression of Gruhn's F-612 is that it needs a lot of work to be restored to its former glory and the asking price is high considering the work to be done. The fact that that thread convinced me of that is why I said "well discussed". I now see where that phrase could also be seen as a snarky suggestion that "it is already discussed there and there was no need to remind anyone of that". The latter was not my intent, so sorry.

Ah! I see. A classic case of misunderstanding between American-English (as used by yourself) & English-English (used by me).

(The confusion could have been more embarrassing: I could have entered any office anywhere in the US seeking an eraser and asked loudly, "Does anyone have a rubber?" - "rubber" in the UK meaning "eraser", and it having none of the prophylactic connotations it has in the Land of the Free.

Best get back on message before this conversation gets any racier . . . )

I was impressed with the level of knowledge of contributors to the F-612 discussion. As a relative Guild novice, and as someone who as a subject of the British Crown has become resigned over the years to paying over-the-odds for US built guitars, the condition / price of the piece under discussion did not strike me as particularly outrageous. The same obviously cannot be said for serious Guild-ers, whose knowledge far exceeds mine. We live and learn.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bwahahaha!!!! Yeah, better not ask for a rubber here in the states, MancJonny! Well, I suppose it depends on whom you ask! :) :)

Hang out a while on LTG... The level of knowledge about Guilds is astounding here, and we have a great community. Shared passion, I guess you'd say.