1970 Guild F-312-NT - Can it be Brazilian Rosewood?

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
insane figuring on that 312, and not only that but it appears to be in incredible cosmetic condition. 1970 continues to be my favorite year for Guild. Thanks only to Hans really, if it were not for him none of us would know when our 1970 Guilds were actually built!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Good, I got it! But in that light I do not understand why 6L6 posted a photo of the back of his F-312!
Suspect a case of "posting before reading all posts in thread" : he probably hadn't seen the post with your confirmation about the wood, yet.
I've been guilty of that myself, recently.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Suspect a case of "posting before reading all posts in thread" : he probably hadn't seen the post with your confirmation about the wood, yet. I've been guilty of that myself, recently.
Also, as GuildedMoon is a new member his posts would have been subject to moderator approval, and had been delayed but then would show up LATER in the order that they were posted. That happens sometimes too.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Also, as GuildedMoon is a new member his posts would have been subject to moderator approval, and had been delayed but then would show up LATER in the order that they were posted. That happens sometimes too.
Oh yeah, forgot about that, that's probably actually what happened.
Explains Westerly Wood's post too.

6L6

Reaction score
Yep, I missed one of the posts before I put in the pic of my '71. Sorry for creating the confusion!

That is truly STUNNING Braz on your '70 F-312, Guildedmoon!

Happy New Year to all my fellow LTG buddies!

Bill

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
GuildedMoon,

I finally saw the pictures. Definitely agree that's Brazilian all the way, judging from the coloring and the "landscaping" that I see. That's about as clear a case of Braz as I've ever seen.

I don't know how to make those pictures on imgur appear in a post though. Sorry, wish I could help you there.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
By the way, looking at GM's endpin, I'm wondering if those sides are laminated. The picture might be deceiving, but this is reminiscent of my '67 F-50R which had an arched Brazilian back laminate (and sides). I don't see an inner laminate the way I see in my picture, but what do you think? Looking forward to hearing more when you get the guitar, GM!