S-200 T-Bird: Took It To Band Rehearsal And They Loved It

DrumBob

Reaction score
I took my Newark Series T-Bird out for the first time to rehearsal this afternoon and the band went nuts for it. They said it sounded great both clean and dirty, and it did, particularly with the Mojo Hand Superlative and the Keeley Red Dirt. It also stayed in tune flawlessly for a full three hours of strenuous playing, which I can appreciate more than anything else. I never even tweaked it once. They also said it looked great; very distinctive.

Of course, the trem is completely disabled and the top plate is screwed down. That Hagstrom style whammy threw it out of tune immediately when I used it way back when I got the guitar. My tech called it a bad design and with my blessings, disabled it. Good decision. I don't miss it at all.

I have a feeling I will be using this guitar a lot in the future.

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My T-bird is among the most stable guitars tuning-wise I've owned. I've removed the Tremar's arm along with the metal sleeve the arm fits into but haven't otherwise disabled it. Nice palette of tones too!

-Dave-

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
They're really nice, especially for the price.

I think you could make those reissue Tremars work pretty well with a heavier spring.