NGD- 2006 D50 Bluegrass

Msbedard

Reaction score
Purchased via Reverb and just back from my luthier with a fresh setup. My first Guild and all I can say is "wow", now I get why everyone speaks so highly of them. Also wanted to give a special shout out to "Tx" who took an incredible amount of time and patience to school me on these guitars. Have a great holiday season everyone...... Michael

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats! The tacomas are special. Adirondack top yes?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Good News Msbedard! Glad you are liking it! Those Made in Tacoma D50 Bluegrass models are Awesome guitars. I hope it brings you years of enjoyment and play it in good health my friend. Post some pictures if you get a chance and have a great weekend.

TX

Aristera

Reaction score
Last week I got the chance to play a Tacoma D50 Bluegrass at a local music store. Very nice. It was in excellent shape. It sold for $995 this week.

BoneDigger

Reaction score
Those are fabulous guitars. I also own a D18 Golden Era, and honestly I'd rather play the Guild. The neck is so much nicer on the Guild than on the D18. In fact, I'm actively trying to sell the D18 GE even as we speak.

Most of my recording is done on the D40. I also have a D50 Bluegrass Special and it gets a lot of play time, but the mahogany on the D40 is my favorite.

Todd

Msbedard

Reaction score
Congrats, Msbedard! HNGD!

Yeah, all the guys here are really helpful and know their Guilds. TX alerted me to both my Guilds, and they're both awesome.

You are right on the money. As an active member of several online forums I have been extremely please with all the help and response I see going back and forth between members. Hopefully, I'll be able to live up to that gold standard. My playing expertise currently would fall into the "jack of all trades and a master of none" hole.