Pickup Mounting Bracket

Reaction score
Because of a fluke accident, I managed to break the floating pickup mounting bar on my Savoy A-150.

I ordered a mounting bar from Guild.

When I tried to replace the broken part with the new one, after the part arrived, I found that the diameter of the mounting bar was much larger than the hole in the pickup. The mounting bar that Guild sent proved to be useless.

No one answered the phone number that the website lists. I sent a email about 10 days ago. No response. I wrote a review but it won't post on any merchant's site.

My days of praising and complementing Guild are over.

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Because of a fluke accident, I managed to break the floating pickup mounting bar on my Savoy A-150.

I ordered a mounting bar from Guild.

When I tried to replace the broken part with the new one, after the part arrived, I found that the diameter of the mounting bar was much larger than the hole in the pickup. The mounting bar that Guild sent proved to be useless.

No one answered the phone number that the website lists. I sent a email about 10 days ago. No response. I wrote a review but it won't post on any merchant's site.

My days of praising and complementing Guild are over.

If you joined and are posting for advice on how/where to get the appropriate part or repair your A-150, you might get more useful response in the Arch top/hollow body section of the forum...

If you joined/posted just to bash the company... have a nice day!

Reaction score
Maybe that is why the part changed?

I'm not bashing. I'm making you and others aware. Guild has been my go to guitar for over 40 years. This company has problems that they need to address.

Blow me off, if you like, but I warned you.

Reaction score
If you joined and are posting for advice on how/where to get the appropriate part or repair your A-150, you might get more useful response in the Arch top/hollow body section of the forum...

If you joined/posted just to bash the company... have a nice day!

Pardon me. I'm meant to raise awareness. This forum is titled" let's talk guild". Does that mean let's kneel down and pray to Guild?

Cordoba has issues to address. I presented an example.

Feel free to ignore my warning.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm not bashing. I'm making you and others aware. Guild has been my go to guitar for over 40 years. This company has problems that they need to address.

Blow me off, if you like, but I warned you.

I wasn't blowing you off? It may have been that the original bar might have been a point of repeated failure. This is the first report that I am aware of of this particular issue. Can you drill out the pickup to make it fit better?

I don't own that particular guitar, and I haven't had one in my hands since the last LMG, so I can't picture the pup in question. :-(

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have better things to do than edit individual posts but folks need reign in on the comments that sound hostile. And since there is a new member subject to moderation, wait to see the response from the member.

This sounds like a straightforward case of Guild not doing something right and we are allowed to talk about that. But I would hope a new member with 40 years of Guild as a go to guitar has something else to say to LTG besides "My experience ordering a part SUCKED!!!!!"

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
It sounds like a running change to me? Maybe something that changed around the ownership transition?

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
It sounds like a lot of jumping to conclusions combined with not waiting for the new member to be able to respond with his vetted delayed posts.

My first thought would be to ask the new member: what is the year of your guitar? then suggest a picture of the area that has the problem, exactly what caused the breakage, someone here might have the knowledge necessary to fix the guitar, Hans might be able to help. I would also ask if the OP gave this info to Guild when ordering, or just assumed the part would be correct and ordered it without asking...next I would want to consider whether this is a currently in production Guild guitar...US or offshore...and remember that Cordoba is just gearing up production and may not know exactly what part is necessary and if the current edition would fit the OP's guitar...just saying that it would be more helpful to try and help both the OP and Guild/Cordoba to the possible benefit of all concerned...and to the OP, some of the members aren't as 'mean' as they may sound...the intent of many printed words are easily misunderstood...and while you've got a problem and you're upset about it, perhaps it would be a lot more constructive to simply ask everyone for help solving it...it may be possible to modify the part to fit...you may need to simply return it to Guild as a non-fit...there's a lot of knowledge here...someone may have a workable solution...'tis the season, so 'peace'.
icon_wink.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

Note to the OP...often emails end up in spam folders and are missed...perhaps you didn't phone during their business hours or all the lines were busy at the time...did you try again later? Did you leave a message? You may have to try a few times to get thru.

Last edited:

parker_knoll

Reaction score
It's patronising for the new member to say "I warned you" about a company, the company, that most of us on here have long and plentiful experience with