1971 Bluesbird and my new 1967 Bassman

Reaction score
I recently found a 1967 Fender Bassman on local craigslist for a price I couldn't pass on. It has been re-capped and has some modifications done but I don't what has been changed until I get to my amp tech. I the mean time this set up is a pure 1970 rock-n-roll. I usually like a clean punchy tone with just a bit of hair but this combination sounds so good I can't help but turn up the amp and guitar to levels my wife disapproves of! I am playing the Bassman through a large fender Bandmaster cabinet with a pair of 12" Altec 417's. I bought the 1971 Bluesbird to save the poor battered guitar, try it for a while and then sell for what I have into it. But now I may be stuck with it..oh well. A Blackface Bassman and a black Bluesbird seen to be a perfect combination. I think we need another LTG MN get together.
Thanks John

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
Blackface Bassmans are excellent amps! I have a 1966 with it's original cabinet and I love it. I bet it sounds fantastic with your Bluesbird.

gilded

Reaction score
I love those old Bassman amps. One thing, they are LOUD!!!

Reaction score
yes, the Bassman is loud but I usually turn the amp 1/3-1/2 volume and then adjust the guitar for as much output as needed, or as allowed by the wife. I will work on a photo but you all know I am challenged.
thanks John

Last edited: