1994 Guild Manhattan X-170, Blonde, 100% Original with OHSC, Like New!

Reaction score
This is a 1994 Guild Manhattan X-170, 100% original guitar with OHSC in Near Mint condition with a beautiful flamey top, back, sides, and back of neck. This guitar is super clean, with only slight wear on the pickguard, some tarnishing of the Gold hardware, and a mark or two around the headstock – that’s it. This guitar has no fretwear and really looks new. The case is as clean as the guitar. The Manhattan X-170 was made in the old Guild factory in Westerly, Rhode Island, and is an electric archtop hollowbody, single rounded cutaway, maple body, f-holes, 2 humbuckers, block inlays, gold hardware, floating bridge.

Specs:

Body size at lower bout:16 1/2" Scale length: 24 3/4" Nut width: 1 10/16" Body Depth: 2 1/2"

Materials: Arched flame maple top & back, flamed maple neck with mahogany stripe; rosewood fingerboard with block inlay; 3-ply body binding, bound fingerboard; Chesterfield peghead inlay.

Hardware: 100% original gold hardware, including harp tailpiece, Grover Rotomatic tuners; twin Guild Frequency Spectrum humbucking pickups. Original compensated rosewood bridge; beveled art deco stairstep pickguard.

Notes: Introduced in 1988, the Guild Manhattan X-170 is a thinline version of the venerable X-175 , which made its debut in 1954, a year after the firm opened its doors. With its wide body and contoured Venetian cutaway, the design of the Manhattan X-170 resembles that of the Gibson Byrdland or ES-350T, with the playability of a standard scale length neck.

This guitar has been inspected and perfectly set-up by Scott Freilich of Top Shelf Music: it needs nothing except for a new home.

$1000 Cash(cashiers check/bank wire), Add 3% for Paypal($1030), $50 FED EX Ground shipping to Continental U.S.

Last edited:

Neal

Reaction score
Man, I buy an X-170, and all of a sudden it is raining X-170's! This one is a beauty, and the price is more than fair.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Nice deal here -- should have real HB-1s in it and appears to be serial number three of whatever run these were. Would be a nice complement o my S/N 16 '94 X-700, but I'm not a buyer (unless OP wants to trade up to my Starfire). Good luck with the sale -- shouldn't last long!

Guildadelphia

Reaction score
That's a great deal, especially with real HB-1's. All it would need to be perfect for me is a Guildsby and a TOM bridge (and having the $$$ to buy it).

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
PM Sent - Ill take it

Edit - I'm out. Still up for grabs.

Last edited:

bluesypicky

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
You HB1 junkie...... :laughing:

Kak was right, that was a swift deal. Well done both!

dbirchett

Reaction score
These are such beautiful guitars to look at, to play and to hear. Well done, GAD. Now for the Bigsby.

Reaction score
Still available. $1000 cash(cashiers check or bank wire) + $50 FED EX Ground shipping to Continental U.S.
If using Paypal, add 3%: $1030 + $50 = $1080 total.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Who knows. I was told it's 'on hold'. OP should update listing.