D-55 on it's way from Oxnard!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice.

Tangentially, since "The Soft White Sixties" are referred to as "Guild artists", wouldn't it be nice of there was a white Guild bass?

15259513_10153929497736105_6001368927239987413_o.jpg

I'd vote for a Pilot but a white Starfire or M85 wouldn't be too shabby. Then the truly obsessed can have white and black versions of the same instrument.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you guys think... Are they making the lettering/g-shield out of something other than MOP? THe fat part of the G doesn't look quite right. Looks more like plastic. I'm probably wrong though. :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think... Are they making the lettering/g-shield out of something other than MOP? The fat part of the G doesn't look quite right. Looks more like plastic. I'm probably wrong though. :)

Looks like gen-yoo-wine MOTS to me:

41D340GD68L.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, but Al, MOTS is harder to get with all the new import/export laws and they MAY have to make do with a substitute. MOTS has gone the way of the dinosaurs, you know? :stupid:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Personally I think the Toilet Seat has way more figuring to it than the G shied logo on the new D55 necks in the photo. I wonder how much of an Upcharge there would be to substitute the materials?:rolleyes:

TX

mario1956

Reaction score
How much do you think that I could get for an old MOTS that I inherited from my grandparent's estate? I don't think its ever been used. My wife hates it so it is sitting in the basement with nothing to do. I don't have a CITES ticket but do I have to have one for this vintage material????

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
How much do you think that I could get for an old MOTS that I inherited from my grandparent's estate? I don't think its ever been used. My wife hates it so it is sitting in the basement with nothing to do. I don't have a CITES ticket but do I have to have one for this vintage material????
That needs to find a loving home on Craigslist, it's what it's for.