NS Bluesbird

Renuncia701

Reaction score
Read Gads review and was interested in 2016 Bluesbird. Bought antique burst online for $ 800.00. new. Received guitar am very happy. Its not like any other bluesbird, The neck to me is wide and frets easy, setup was ok, neck straight and this guitar had the coil splits. The guitar sounds great thru a Vox/ Matchless hybrid and Bandmaster. The quality and fit finish are present, I am enjoying this guitar and am still exploring its tones. Light weight is a pleasant surprise. Thanks to Gad for the review, facilitated purchase. The bridge was properly slotted.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the Bluesbird Reissue is one of the real bright spots in CMG Guild's new line of electric guitars.

JasonG

Reaction score
I just got my new 2016 Bluesbird. I LOVE it!

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3.jpg

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I know that cream pickguard is the subject of some contention here :) but I've gotta say I really like it on Jason's brownburst.

-Dave-

Diggey

Reaction score
The pick guard doesn't look as bad as I thought, but it does hide some nice figured tops. Does it come not attached and you attach it or is it isn't the case and up to the buyer? I ask because I want one and want to know if I need to request it not installed.

JasonG

Reaction score
It came with it but I installed it. I come from same school of thought that a Les Paul needs its pickguard too!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm in the "that pick guard is dreadful" camp.

The guitar, however, is really great. My daughter latched onto mine and chose it over all the other Bluesbirds I have probably because it's so light.

Guildadelphia

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar with a killer top. A clear pickguard might have made more sense with a top like that. That being said, my ESP/Edwards Les Paul copy has a super flamed top w/ a pickguard but the Gibson LP shaped pg is smaller and less intrusive than the guard on the 'bird.

DrumBob

Reaction score
I want to like these new Bluesbirds, but they look too much like a slightly bloated Les Paul for me. I would have been jazzed if Cordoba had recreated the 70's M-75, but with a more substantial neck.

Tom West

Reaction score
I just received mine form Chicago Music exchange. $550.00 shipped. Extremely pleased.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Have we ever gotten to the bottom of whether or not these are veneer tops?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Given the price point I'd all but guarantee a veneer top, but then again I have no idea how much figured maple there is in current circulation or how much more it goe$ for compared to the plain variety.

My mid-70s Greco LP copy has a laminated sycamore top (chambered two-layer birch body) with a flamed maple outer layer that looks to be a good 1/8" thick. Is that a veneer or something else? :)

-Dave-

Last edited:

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new guitar. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I got one from the first batch release. It had the Duncan pickups, but, no coil tap options. I'm curious if that is now standard for these guitars. I put the Duncan's in a PRS SE Zach Myers and HB-1's in the Guild. The Guild gets a lot of play and is my most requested guitar by my Band Mates. I have, but, have yet to install a black guard for my flame top which I bought because the HB-1's have black rings.

Tom West

Reaction score
The new ones have pull pots. Mine does not. No problem though. Not interested in the single coil sound for this guitar.

Tom West

Reaction score
All you need is black S100 Polara knobs. That would look killer.