Cubbies!! Steve Goodman is Happy!!

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was down cleaning up the basement last weekend and I put some Steve Goodman on the stereo.

I was thinking of Steve tonight!

I was lucky enough to see Steve at the Bottom Line in New York City back in the 70's. (Or was it the Bitter End?)

He was awesome!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
One of the best players I've ever heard I do believe. I've got quite a bit of his material and am going to hunt it down and get it played since this thread reminded me of him.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Best world series in my memory. Wow, wow, wow. Congrats Cubbies!!! (and that's coming from a Red Sox fan)

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
it has been very nice watching this World Series, electrifying even for us Europeans!
Steve Goodman introduced me to the Cubs. I have enjoyed that very much!

Markus :smile:

docfishr

Reaction score
Thanks for the fun reminder. It was a memorable series. Hopefully not because a couple of generations will again pass when no one can remember the last time the Cubs won it.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That was with out a doubt the BEST World Series Game I have ever seen. I have always been a fan of the Cubs since WGN was a syndicated channel that we picked up here in Texas when I was a Kid. We would regularly get to watch the Cubs Day Games. Then I saw the Movie "Major League" and became an Indians fan as well. Who ever won last nights game thoroughly deserved it as I felt Both Teams left everything on the field for the entire series. Congrats to the Indians on a great season and Congrats to the Cubbies on fulfilling their Destiny!

One story that really touched me this morning was about a man from North Carolina who had discussed what it would be like to listen to the Cubs win a World Series with his dad back in 1980 before his Dad passed away. It was something the Father and Son talked about a lot. That man got in his car in North Carolina and drove to Indianapolis yesterday where his father was buried. Last night he listened to the entire game and the Cubs win the World Series with his Father at his father's grave in Indianapolis on the Radio just like they talked about when his Dad was alive. If that story doesn't get you I don't know what will.

TX

shihan

Reaction score
That was a great WS, even if the Dodgers weren't involved. The Cubbies came through, but not before the Tribe gave them all they could handle. Game 7 was one of the greatest games ever played.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
The Cubs had such a great team, even ridiculously poor game management couldn't stop them! They could win a few more if they can keep their players.

walrus

johnny3j

Reaction score
Guild Total
I used to live on Lincoln Ave, near Wrigley Field for the best part of 10 years and can only imagine what it was like last night, would have loved to be sitting at the bar in the Lincoln Tap Room afterwards toasting the Cubs!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My favorite World Series since 1968, when my hometown Tigers came back from a 3-games-to-1 deficit and won. I was 8 years old and remember getting out of school early to see game 7 on TV. Much later on I lived in Chicago for a couple years, and have been a Cubs fan ever since.

Out here in the Sandwich Isles Fox re-ran the entire game immediately after the post-game coverage. A lot less tension the second time around! :)

-Dave-