Politcal discussion on LTG!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
No, there were personality conflicts, overt misogyny, personal attacks, that sort of stuff too.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Growing pains, I'm afraid. I'm not inclined to revisit the past much, but I love the LTG community, then and now. You guys rock, and I it's been my privilege to be associated with my fellow moderators and to be associated with all of you.

LTG has been a warm, friendly place to visit and it's my/our objective to keep it that way. Tallyho.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well said, chazmo! Tallyho, indeed! :encouragement:

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
With all due respect to Frono, the problem was too little moderation, rather than too much. Certain members delighted in trolling and were so obnoxious that they drove new members away from LTG. There were some really cool people who left because they did not want to deal with the nonsense, and there wasn't anyone willing to call bs at the time.

That's why there is no R&P here, because it is too divisive.

I remember things that did not happen.

1. The policy was in place but not enforced.
  2. The lack of enforcement drove a small number of folks away or into silence.
  3. Enforcement was stepped up (increased moderation) and a large number of folks objected.
  4. Stuff happened after which the most vocal objectors to enforcement had left or gone silent, the moderators had figured out better ways to moderate and Life Was Good.

I see 3) as the watershed event but at least one person it as 2)

:)

How 'bout them Cubs?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Running a forum is not always easy. I have one I run. Politics or religion were not an issue in our past, but I think that was due to the topic, which doesn't really lend it's self to those threads. Unless, perhaps it would be the politics of the FIA. Finding the happy ground between heavy handed moderation and too much laissez-faire can be hard. Some like having a place where anything goes and others prefer a less argumentative place. The posters who try to claim 1st amendment rights to say what ever they want, haven't really READ the 1st amendment. The vast majority of forums are private, and the conditions of joining state that. We who pay for them and work hard to make them grow and keep everyone as happy as possible, have to walk the line.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
:) Banjos, mandos, ukes, harmonicas, and accordions are all fair game.

well, if you say so...

what's the difference between a harmonica and a trampoline??

you take your boots off before you jump on a trampoline! BOOM thanks i'll be here all week

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
nicolas-cage-quotes.jpg