Anyone sold on Reverb?

silverfox103

Reaction score
Getting ready to sell one of my non Guilds. For the most part I buy on CL and sell on ebay. This summer I bought a Guild (thank you AcornHouse) from Reverb. Thought I might look into selling on Reverb. Anyone had any luck? Cost? Ebay is what it is, but in a week it will gone. I can see with Reverb, it may get stuck there for a while.

thanks

Tom

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've sold there, too. The fees are less than eBay (3% to 10%). It does pay to buy the bumps, you only pay for the ones you use; it brings your listing to the first page on each bump. Otherwise, it just gets pushed further and further back.

guildman63

Reaction score
Placing listings is easier and cheaper on Reverb than on eBay. The other costs probably aren't that different, but I have not compared the actual costs. I find Reverb to be easier overall as I put my listing out for free, bump it or tweak it occasionally to prevent it from disappearing way down in the searches, and wait for my item to sell.

gilded

Reaction score
I've sold a lot of parts on Reverb, but never a guitar, FWIW.

I think the price difference for fees is 10-12% for eBay (with PayPal) and 6.5% for Reverb and PayPal.

The other thing I like about Reverb is that at some point the sale is over (7 days right of return is suggested), but eBay tends to let the Buyers come back months later and ask for their money back and I dislike that.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've sold a lot of parts on Reverb, but never a guitar, FWIW.

I think the price difference for fees is 10-12% for eBay (with PayPal) and 6.5% for Reverb and PayPal.

The other thing I like about Reverb is that at some point the sale is over (7 days right of return is suggested), but eBay tends to let the Buyers come back months later and ask for their money back and I dislike that.

eBay is more like 13% with PayPal fees Harry, which is why I no longer sell anything worth more than a hundred or so there anymore. Reverb, even with PayPal fees is 50% of that. I've sold a few on Reverb with no issues, but honestly I get the best action selling over at AGF or UMGF. Serious buyers, few tire kickers, and minimal fees.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
eBay is more like 13% with PayPal fees.... Reverb, even with PayPal fees is 50% of that. I've sold a few on Reverb with no issues....

Yes, I've sold a few guitars off reverb lately, too. All sales have worked out. I didn't even buy the bumps, since there were not an abundance of the models I was selling. Buyers can use paypal, or they can instead use reverb, who will take the 3% cut and accept credit card payments for you, which they then direct deposit (the 97%) into the account you specify. Reverb offers to take just slightly less than paypal. The first time used, the payment is not released until tracking shows delivered. After that it's once tracking is provided. It took a while, but in my experience, the money did show up! :greedy_dollars:

eltuce

Reaction score
Without getting into the mess I am dealing with now, I still prefer Reverb to Ebay. That being said, I strongly urge setting up direct checkout so you don't have to deal with PayPal if there are any issues. Reverb bailed on getting in the middle pretty quick. Paypal left me in the dust and has been stringing me along. Sorry, long story, but yeah, I still say Reverb over ebay. Meanwhile, someone out there has my $ and my guitar....... But that's another thread, which is currently on Gretsch Pages.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nearly all my selling is now on Reverb, this site or local CL. I just can't deal with the 10% final value fee assessed to sellers. If you're talking a smaller dollar item well, who cares. But when you start talking items over $1k it starts adding up quickly. I also buy on Reverb quite often because I seem to be able to score better deals there. Ebay still has its place, at least in my mind, but I tend to use it to buy rather than sell.