73 f-112 sunburst

Reaction score
I have a beautiful 73 f-112 Sunburst finish 12 string guitar.

However, I simply cannot find another sunburst finish anywhere online.

Can anyone provide any more info on these guitars besides the stuff you can find by dating the serial number?
I really cannot find another one on the net.

Thanks!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I see a first post!
Hi "Mr B", welcome aboard!
What other kind of info are you looking for? Wood types? Rarity? Value?
That might help generate some more responses.
I'm not surprised you're not finding a lot of info out there, Guilds aren't as numerous as the other 2 big makers of that time.
If it was originally a sunburst finish that was normally indicated on the label as an "SB" suffix right after the model number.
The best overall source of info about Guilds from that period is "The Guild Guitar Book" by our member Hans Moust, who's definitely the single most knowledgable authority on vintage Guilds in the world.
He was literally present at close of Westerly rescuing everything he could get his hands on including production records.
The book can be found online for around $30.00 for the soft-cover version.
The second bets source for Guild info (and sometimes the best place depending on the era in question) is this forum right here.
Another useful site is this one, also maintained by a member here.:
Westerlyguildguitars.com

dbirchett

Reaction score
You might contact Hans Moust directly about getting a hard-cover copy of the book. You will want to refer to it again and again. It is that good and that valuable. You can contact him by PM through the Forum.

We are all anxiously awaiting Volume 2.

BTW, Paul Simon used an F-112 with Simon and Garfunkle. Great little guitar.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You might contact Hans Moust directly about getting a hard-cover copy of the book. You will want to refer to it again and again. It is that good and that valuable. You can contact him by PM through the Forum.
I think he sold out of those a couple of years back and he actually prefers being contacted directly through his website because of the storage limitations on pm count:
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/

specie

Reaction score
I had a 67 F212 sunburst.
http://tinyurl.com/mb2u6lw
Beautiful tone. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it, but the tone and intonation were wonderful. I think this color sunburst is not as common as the tobacco version. I'm on the lookout for a F47R in that color. Congrats on what sounds like a special guitar!