Peter Tork Guild Content

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great link - nice guitar playing on that!

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork are interviewed in the latest "Guitar Player " magazine (Paul Gilbert on the cover). He gets excited when they ask him about his gear, which normally no one asks him - and he gets very detailed with what equipment he uses and why. He's definitely a serous guitar player.

walrus

gilded

Reaction score
Gor' blimey, Michael Nesmith really does look like a banker. Not that I don't mind you. Still......

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Gor' blimey, Michael Nesmith really does look like a banker. Not that I don't mind you. Still......
Yeah a little woolen cap with a tassel'd do a lot to soften that image, something like this maybe:
s-l225.jpg

By the way Peter's had that F30 ever since he bought it new.
He also wrote "For Pete's Sake" which was used as the closing theme in the second season, one of my favorite Monkees' tunes.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Monkees Trivia...Jimi Hendrix' first big US tour was as the opening act for the aforementioned Monkees. I'm sure Valium sales increased amongst the mothers attending with their too young to drive teenage daughters.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Monkees Trivia...Jimi Hendrix' first big US tour was as the opening act for the aforementioned Monkees. I'm sure Valium sales increased amongst the mothers attending with their too young to drive teenage daughters.
Valium wasn't actually in widespread use yet but a story was concocted that the Daughters of the American Revolution were instrumental in getting him "kicked off" the tour.
In fact the Monkees all admired Jimi greatly and were the ones responsible for getting him on the tour.
They hung out together quite a bit.
img_php.php

63a9dc2baf4f0d3b72d926d102e8aac1.jpg

Peter's house was a notorious party house in Laurel Canyon and was the site of the first meeting of Graham Nash and Crosby and Stills, arranged by Mama Cass..
More stories about the house:
http://www.psycho-jello.com/monkees/peterhouse.htm

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
and so, the LIVE thread ends... RIP Peter Tork. One of the few bassists brave enough to be filmed with a Guild Jet Star (what is it with the electrical tape over the name???)
Not sure it's actually tape, in the big blow-up on my tube it looks like it might just be a lighting artifact, also the logo itself was kind of unusually placed:
IMG_3928.JPG

Notice how the reflection in that shot almost exactly mimics the effect in the shot of Pete's bass below, but over the area where the logo is.
But hard to be sure.
We've also seen reports that if a maker wouldn't "comp" the TV show on the basis of the "free advertising" the show's producers'd block out the logo.
I was going to rule that out, thinking the logo was visible on Pete's F30 in an episode it appeared in, but then realized that was already Pete's guitar.
So, yeah might be obscured somehow.
On my big 21" diagonal screen it almost looks like it might actually have been sanded or scuffed, but the obscured area also appears to extend up to pegs and along that edge of the stock, and why would they do that?
Here's a LARGE shot from Mellowgerman's thread, if it helps:
dydCKNv.jpg

EDIT: Here's another one that seems to indicate it wasn't all that easy to see under the best of conditions:
2156-peter-davy-micky.jpg

Pretty sure we're seeing the bottom edge of the logo there but no tape.
:friendly_wink:
I can see it today.

Ralph

That's almost funny, now I can't see it!

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Final opinion:
The logo's blurred by the resolution of the camera nd the fact that it's in motion in virtually every shot:
2217-peter-davy.jpg

For those of you who share my unquenchable thirst for images there's a magnificent gallery of shots from the videos it appeared in, here:
https://monkees.coolcherrycream.com/picturedb/instruments/guild-jetstar-bass
Including these where the logo's clearly visible:
05-0033-peter.jpg

67-mike-peter-micky-davy.jpg

Of course those 2 aren't from the show, so.....???
:friendly_wink:

Last edited: