mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
9k5qq0.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Does he really play with the strings backwards like that? Or is the guitar more of a "prop" for the photo?

walrus

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Does he really play with the strings backwards like that? Or is the guitar more of a "prop" for the photo?

walrus

that's hows he plays, he even restrings lefthanded guitars to be oriented the same way.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks - I did not know that!

I have enough trouble with the strings the "normal" way!

walrus

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I watched a concert video of Coco Montoya - he strings his guitars the same way - and I thought my head was going to explode: "Wait, that sounds like G chord but it can't be - not with that fingering."

Smitch

Reaction score
In addition to checking out his upside down strung Guild, do yourself a favor and check out the new album, Rich Man. Mature rock and roll by a very talented songwriter and stud guitar player!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Being a converted right hander it makes total sense for me to use my actual dominant (left) hand for fretting.

And speaking of Coco Montoya, Premier Guitar just did a rig rundown with him during which he says that Eric Gales (who also plays "upside down") is right handed but, being self taught, got it technically "wrong" but clearly for him perfectly right.

-Dave-