Guild peregrine serial number prs 309 0004

Reaction score
I would like info on this guitar ? I just bought it for 800 bucks... is it a deal the guitar sure feels like I stole it

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
What color is it? According to a catalog I have, they offered red, "chestnut", and black. But if you look at the link hearth_man provided, you see there was a blue finish, too.

walrus

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
trick: Welcome to LTG! Is it really PRS? I'd think PRC. And it sounds like you have a zero too much in the serial number. I bet PRC309004 is the right one. The serial number indicates it was made in Corona in 2003.
Ralf

Reaction score
Help identifying Peregrine

I’m new to this thread so be gentle. I bought a Peregrine and wanted to get the year, place of manufacturing and what it is (custom, standard). The serial number is 7639069. I paid $440 with the case. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would. Can y’all offer any information?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I used to covet the deals that people find. Now that I have a few more guitars, that has slacked off. Besides, not needing another guitar means I'm not sure why I would buy it. OK, all logic aside, if I was there in PERSON and saw some of these deals, I might be in trouble.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I’m new to this thread so be gentle. I bought a Peregrine and wanted to get the year, place of manufacturing and what it is (custom, standard). The serial number is 7639069. I paid $440 with the case. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would. Can y’all offer any information?
Hey buddy, responding to the RELIC thread (from way last year) is not the way to get information. Best way is to INTRODUCE yourself and post your question in acoustic/acoustic electric and let people rally round and answer your question. OKAY? This is an old thread and although it's about the same guitar, you really should interact with us on a "today" kinda thing. Okay? The information will come.... say hi, be real.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I bought a Peregrine and wanted to get the year, place of manufacturing and what it is (custom, standard). The serial number is 7639069.

Hello Mitsukisan,

Welcome! The Guild you have is a Peregrine Custom that was made in the Guild Custom Shop in Nashville during the year 1999.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy, responding to the RELIC thread (from way last year) is not the way to get information. Best way is to INTRODUCE yourself and post your question in acoustic/acoustic electric and let people rally round and answer your question. OKAY? This is an old thread and although it's about the same guitar, you really should interact with us on a "today" kinda thing. Okay? The information will come.... say hi, be real.
YOU been hangin' out with that Coastie kid again, aint'cha?
Hey, the neighborhood's growin'.
Drive-by posters are gonna be more and more common.
And some folks is just shy or used to the bigger less personal sites.
Speakin' o' which, where's your "Welcome Aboard?"
Hmmmm?
:tongue-new:
(This from a guy who has a problem returning phone calls)
:shame:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

HI Mitsuki, welcome aboard!
That price does seem pretty insanely low.
Do the electronics work?
RE posting photos:
You need to upload 'em to a hosting site and then link to 'em from the forum.
When you're posting there's a little square icon in the toolbar above the dialog box for "insert image", that's where you put the address of the image you want to show,
And you're right, folks here love pics.
And Tom and I are actually good buddies so we poke each other in the ribs all the time.
:friendly_wink:

Also, moderators vet new members' first few posts so don't worry if they aren't showing up in real time.
Give 'em a day or to two "let 'em through" and then everything else will show up right away.

Reaction score
New Peregrine owner

I recently was given a Peregrine by the widow of a dear friend of mine who passed away about a year and a half ago. He didn't play this guitar out a lot, but I have performed with him while he was using it. It is serial number 102401 00. I will post photos once I figure out how to do that on here. lol I have contacted Guild, and they told me it was a Peregrine, but didn't offer much more than that. On the back of the pegged it just says "Guild Custom Shop USA" and then the serial number. It's a red one with abalone binding on the body. It also has a Martin ThinLine Gold Plus pickup system in it, and it does sound great. The battery box had been melted while soldering and was shorting out intermittently so I replaced it with the same one. I'm sure he bought it here in Florida.

It now plays and sounds great. This guitar has immense sentimental memory for me, but I will play it when I'm playing with his band for sure.

Any info you can give me would be appreciated. Does the serial number have any correlation to manufacture date? Thanks!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I recently was given a Peregrine by the widow of a dear friend of mine who passed away about a year and a half ago. He didn't play this guitar out a lot, but I have performed with him while he was using it. It is serial number 102401 00. I will post photos once I figure out how to do that on here. lol I have contacted Guild, and they told me it was a Peregrine, but didn't offer much more than that. On the back of the pegged it just says "Guild Custom Shop USA" and then the serial number. It's a red one with abalone binding on the body. It also has a Martin ThinLine Gold Plus pickup system in it, and it does sound great. The battery box had been melted while soldering and was shorting out intermittently so I replaced it with the same one. I'm sure he bought it here in Florida.

It now plays and sounds great. This guitar has immense sentimental memory for me, but I will play it when I'm playing with his band for sure.

Any info you can give me would be appreciated. Does the serial number have any correlation to manufacture date? Thanks!

HI "Sunny", welcome aboard!
It's not surprising that current owners couldn't give you more info about that guitar, they didn't acquire any records older than those from New Hartford from about '09-'14, and after all have no real vested interest in supporting the vintage instruments since they didn't take on any warranty obligations beyond New Hartford -built guitars.
Don't know if Custom Shop s/n's are "keyed" for decoding to build date, but our member Hans Moust can most likely nail it down as he did earlier in this thread.
He prefers to be contacted at his website:
http://www.guitarchives.nl/guitarsgalore/
I can tell you that Guild's "Custom Shop USA" was in Nashville, and was opened up in late '96 shortly after Fender bought Guild in Westerly RI, but don't recall when it actually closed.
Don't think it was later than '04, though, when Fender closed/moved Guild from Corona after buying Tacoma Guitars.
(Fender moved Guild from Westerly to Corona CA in late '01 but Guild's Custom Shop is not to be confused with Fender's in Corona. Some Guild electrics were built there but those [and only those] got actual Fender Custom Shop headstock ID's)
Anyway, point is that while Westerly's quality is still very highly regarded in the market, Nashville's standards were even a cut or more above that.
Here's a link to a site that has some articles with more background about Guild in that era:
http://www.westerlyguildguitars.com/articles/articles.htm

PS your first few posts get vetted by moderators before they'll start showing up in real time so don't "fret" if they're not showing up right away.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It is serial number 10240100.
Welcome to LTG. Your Peregrine was made at Guild's Custom Shop in Nashville in October of year 2000. The last four digits refer to the date of production. The first and fourth of these last 4 numbers in reverse refer to the year of production. The middle two digits refer to the month. For example: 5077019 would date to January 1997. I am not sure if the month was when the instrument was actually finished or when the serial number was picked.

Ralf

Last edited: