Jeff Buckley's Record Collection

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You can scroll through the late Jeff Buckley's record collection. The site is curated by Buckley's mother Mary Guibert, who also manages his legacy and recordings. The site allows the user to select a letter, and the alphabetically-organized collection then zooms in on all of Buckley's albums where the artist name begins with that letter.

https://www.jeffbuckleycollection.com/

Kind of interesting...

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Interesting way to document and display. Those albums sure are narrow. He's got all of Joni's stuff. Handsome lad.

Jeff with a Guild.

dZM4E7.jpg

Smitch

Reaction score
Thanks for that Walrus. Big Buckley fan here and another tragic case of lost potential. Underrated guitar player too!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Not to mention his father Tim Buckley, MAJOR vocalist in the thick of things in the 60s....
I don't know if you'd call him major, but definitely underground cool and influential.
He was even on the Monkees' final episode.
It is kind of sad and eerie the the son flared out too soon, just like the father.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I know Hans has Tim in the "Book" playing a sunburst F212, maybe XL, I forget...I know he was playing an Em chord :)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I know Hans has Tim in the "Book" playing a sunburst F212, maybe XL, I forget...I know he was playing an Em chord :)

He had several Guild 12's, seen in pics in previous threads.
Here's one from Fillmore East '68:
250px-Tim-Buckley.jpg

They shine in my 2 favorite songs of his, "Strange Feelin' " ("borrowed" from Miles Davis' "All Blues" on Kind of Blue)
and "Gypsy Woman" (A MASTERPIECE), both on Happy Sad.

But not to give the son short-shrift, his Wiki page is very good and does mention early exposure to Pink Floyd (to answer Guildedagain's question):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Buckley ; also confirms his father's influence on him.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I didn't listen to Jeff too much but was saddened by the strange passing. And his cover of Broken Hallelujia is not surpassed by anyone. It is just beyond beautiful and the playing is perfect.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I didn't listen to Jeff too much but was saddened by the strange passing. And his cover of Broken Hallelujia is not surpassed by anyone. It is just beyond beautiful and the playing is perfect.

Yeah I don't think the apple fell far from the tree in this case.
Fell right under it and replaced it in fact.
For a while at least.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did read that. Floyd, The Who, etc.

The apple never falls far from the tree...

What particularly intrigued me was that reference to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, no joke.
Reminded me of my love for another band from the region, Junoon.
I love those far eastern scales/modes, and their lead guitarist is a Pakistani expat who soaked up good o'l electric rock when he came to America as a kid:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junoon_(band)
{end of veer}

tjmangum

Reaction score
Had to check out the "P" section. Points for Charley Parker and Edith Piaf. No Prine, but lot's of Police. Not sure what that means.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know if you'd call him major, but definitely underground cool and influential.

Yeah, I guess I was in the underground back then, so he seemed major. I was even an original member of Ba Ka Da with Tony Selvage, a rather, um, experimental, wacked-out group that mostly just practiced and did a little recording up at Tony's ranch in Topanga Canyon. (I played keys and a 12-string tuned to all E's and B's that I played more or less like a dulcimer. :rolleyes:) I see Tony's still crazy as ever. :topsy_turvy: