And the jury says...

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Either way it looks like a cat's been sleeping in it. That or it was just filled with crumbs based on the copious vacuum marks. :05.18-flustered:

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you just being coy (as I'm guessing you already have one)? It sure looks legit to me.

Believe it or not, I don't have one of these and I don't think I've ever seen one. I do however have something in a gig bag that just might fit in this!

Hence the query.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Believe it or not, I don't have one of these and I don't think I've ever seen one. I do however have something in a gig bag that just might fit in this!

Hence the query.

According to the auction it will fit a Fender Gibson Les Strat. Is that what you have?

Guildedagain

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Real cool case, had one like it for years, had to let it go just this Spring to ship a real expensive SG ($1600). Also had an original Vox case in the same shape back in the 90's and it did fit my '59/60 Strat like a dream, and the cool thing (two things actually) is that it was not instantly recognizable as a Fender case so people had no idea what was in it - and that can be a good thing - also took a lot less room in the back seat of the car, easier to hide from "prying eyes"...

The Guild branded one is a great score for someone who wants to complete a vintage Guild, my guess would be for a vintage S-100, definitely not one of the crazy 80's guitars, and it's too thin for a archtop.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Have I seen that script on a pickguard before? Or am I making stuff up in my head? :stupid:

The script logo is correct, in fact I should be able to date the period of the case because of the "stripes" in the logo. When this logo first came out it was solid. Then they did the horizontal "stripes". I was just reading about this somewhere but I don't remember where. It might have been on TalkBass discussing Pilot headstock logos.