Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

titanNV

Reaction score
O for 2 so far....
I'd need to get on a PC to search who other mods are.

Haven't had time to play much but the ones in the current rotation (ie on the wall not in cases) are a Breedlove concert, Taylor GS Mini, Martin Custom D, and an Alvarez Masterworks.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd love to see the Breedlove concert!! I have this fixation on their Breedlove Oregon concert Rogue that was a special run for NAMM at the beginning of the year. It's BLUE!! That sounds like a very diverse crowd, which is AMAZING in my book. I like the difference in tone as you cycle through!

titanNV

Reaction score
I'd love to see the Breedlove concert!! I have this fixation on their Breedlove Oregon concert Rogue that was a special run for NAMM at the beginning of the year. It's BLUE!! That sounds like a very diverse crowd, which is AMAZING in my book. I like the difference in tone as you cycle through!

I have the Spruce Myrtle Oregon concert series, but I have't been playing the fine china. Maybe I should.

The one on the wall is a Korean made Passport Plus.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have the Spruce Myrtle Oregon concert series, but I have't been playing the fine china. Maybe I should.

The one on the wall is a Korean made Passport Plus.

I played a myrtly breedlove concert a few months ago, they are fantastic guitars. great punch and fullness for such a small body too. very comfy. not a fan of the headstocks, but that is not a deal breaker for me really.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The headstock is one of the things that make it AWESOME!!! Iconic Breedlove!! And a pin-less bridge!!

pinless bridge is cool, i had a Taylor once that had that, i believe they dabbled with that in 96 or 97...

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
have a Gibson J40 pinless bridge acoustic guitar with gold Grover tuners. I thought my guitar was a 1970-73 model because there's evidence the tuners were replaced. But there's no accurate dating system pre-1977. So, according to the post 1977 8-digit dating system (SN 73187097) it would be a a 1977 model. The label says "Union Made" in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Supposedly it was the 97th product out the door. The 318 supposedly means made on March 18th.

FWIW it's a pretty neat guitar but sounds a bit bright for my tastes. I bought the guitar in 2009 and didn't play it very much at all. Honestly I was skeptical; figuring the pinless bridge might be too fragile. It came to be more of a conversation piece that cost me more than it should have. :) I never took it outside. The neck is straight. The frets are in great shape. There are no scratches or belt marks on the back. There's no checking. There's no bowing, no armpit stains, no beverage stains. In my adult beverage world that's astounding.

100_0369.jpg

titanNV

Reaction score
For fear of banishment I would like to discuss via PM.

If an Admin or a Moderator (especially one that would know some details) would have the courtesy to look into it for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Still looking for a Mod or the Admin's guidance. Please PM. Thanks!

titanNV

Reaction score
Maybe a pinless bridge thread is in order?

Would like to keep this one on topic if possible.

Thanks!

geoguy

Reaction score
And the topic is . . . what, exactly? Hard to keep the conversation on-topic, when the topic is too secret to disclose!

If you haven't already done so, try sending to fronobulax or chazmo, for example. I would expect one of them to respond to your inquiry.

Status
Not open for further replies.